installing msd enhancer help!!

im installing a msd enhancer on a 07 superjet. But i start taking all the screws off the sealed box but the one mounting bracket seems to be put in with epoxy? anyone else have this problem??

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Have you removed the ebox from the ski?
Have you removed all fourteen screws from the back of the box?

check this out

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/21086

between this link and the instructions I put mine in pretty easy. Just take your time, use dielectric grease on the the connections, and double check all of your connections. I had two wire reversed the first time so it wouldn't start. Took care care of that and it fired right up. Also crank the rev limiter all of the way up! :brap:

Tedwin

I'm Hooked
im installing a msd enhancer on a 07 superjet. But i start taking all the screws off the sealed box but the one mounting bracket seems to be put in with epoxy? anyone else have this problem??

I also just started the msd install and found the same problem. Mine however was with both mounting brackets. I also have a 2007 so maybe it was some kind of mistake.

I could not get the e box out of the ski the traditional way because after i removed the 2 nuts off the sides it seemed stuck on the bolts. I had to go the back way and remove the front panel and even the brackets.

Once I got it out i then noticed I still cant even open the box because 2 of the screws are behind the bracket bolts.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so how do you fix it?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
A big hammer.
The two studs will come out of the ebox mounting ears if you pound them hard enough and long enough.

Tedwin

I'm Hooked
Already tried that this morning, no luck. I gave up because it did not budge one bit. I didnt want to break the sides and also wasnt sure if the holes in the bracket were threaded.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I put a vise grip on the bracket, after MUCH PB blaster and whatever else was laying around. I was afraid to use heat. Finally it moved a hair. Back and forth and back and forth.... It was misery. I feel for you.
I drilled out the alum casting holes afterward about another 1/8" and marine greased 'em til I couldn't see 'em!

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
heat and penetrating oil.

use kawasaki acorn nuts on the threads when you put it back together. i had the same problem with mine.

the aluminum doesn't like saltwater much. make sure you crc that spot everytime you are done riding from now on and cover it in marine grease when you put it back together.

Top Bottom