Insurance quote look right?

I am in the process of getting insurance quotes for my ski. I have never had anything except liability because that's all I needed. Now I am in the process of looking for insurance on my bob and wanted to see what you guys thought on the quote I was provided. The price is ok with me I just want to make sure the coverages are ok and to make sure I'm not overlooking something and get screwed if there ever was a total loss claim filed. Thanks for the input

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 117
I personaly would raise your deductible and lower your liabilty limits. that should lower your rate. Also i would state what engine size in the hull Not just the hp. .. my opionion only.

Those are the limits required for the lake I live on. It's a private lake so I just go by their standards. Also the rate is fine with me I just am more concerned with what gets paid out in the event of a total loss. One quote was for the accumulated cash value of the policy which would be nothing. If I'm reading this correctly, I should be reimbursed $8,000 minus any deductibles at the time of total loss correct? I don't plan on a total loss happening I just want to make sure my butts covered!

IS0LD0UT

I hate winter
"I just want to make sure my butts covered!" Ever been in a hospital? That 100k will go quick, and if you have an umbrella likely you need to have the higher limits. If you don't have an umbrella, get one of those too.

"I just want to make sure my butts covered!" Ever been in a hospital? That 100k will go quick, and if you have an umbrella likely you need to have the higher limits. If you don't have an umbrella, get one of those too.
I'm not saying I will be trying flips every day or going crazy. By my butt I meant the ski being covered. No I've never been in the hospital and yes I know medical expenses add up and accumulate quickly. But again I have a 120lb bob hull so I don't have the desire nor means to go try 10 flips in a row. I do appreciate the feedback and insight though. The medical side isn't what I'm concerned with because I'm not going to be getting too crazy

I am doing the same thing very soon. Any idea if reciepts are required upon a total loss even to prove the value or they just pay what you inputed as its worth?

Any idea what the $1000 coverage for replacment of personal effects is?

I wonder how much HP affects the coverage. I know on a snowmobile it goes off engine size so my 1049cc nytro is a beast to insure yet it makes less hp than most modern 800cc 2 strokes....

I highly recommend you read the insurance thread. You're about to pay them a bunch of money, and they will refund (most of) it back to you in a couple weeks with a letter saying they won't cover you.

http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threads/how-do-you-insure-your-am-hull-build.132143/

It's come up several times.

-Rob
I have read it and asked the agent several times what happens in a total loss situation. He assured me since the agreed value on the policy was $8000 that I would receive reimbursement minus deductibles for the agreed value of the contract which happens to be $8000 on this policy

RivMan

doing something stupid...
Site Supporter
Your agent isn't who will reject it, it'll come back to you after underwriting takes a look at it.

-Rob

Top Bottom