Is 3500$ reasonable on an 07 sxr?

Hey guys... I have been lurking here for awhile and learned a lot about the stand-up scene. I spent the last 2 months convincing my parents to let me buy one and they finally said yes.

I found a ski about a quarter mile from my house that is currently owned by my aunts neighbor. It is a red 07 SXR and is in prime condition. He has been riding for years and constantly mantains his skis. He has fixed my cousin's ski before, and I am sure that if i had any problems with this ski he would help me out. He has also offered to take me out on the water and teach me how to ride standup. I am going out today just to make sure I don't hate it =D

It will be my first ski, and I hope to be out in the Barnaget Inlet(nj) by August, jumping waves. I currently jump on my couch and it is just getting boring. Trailier is not included in the price, so including all of the factors above, is 3500$ a good deal for this ski? Thanks in advance

Awesome. I have a couple hundred $$ that I want to put into moding it a bit. To start I want to throw a bilge pump in. What else would be cheap, but beneficial to add for jumping waves? I was thinking a prop that gives me a little more acceleration. I am not to concerned with top-end

Sounds like you may need a superjet a little more than an SXR if you are wanting to add mods.

Mark44

I was thinking nothing major. Maybe just turfing it, putting a new impeller and maybe a new ride plate. I do not know my way around the motor at all. I would prefer an SJ if the price is right, but 3.5k is already pushing it a bit for me

Mark44

Katie's Boss
Don't just buy a ski because one came along and you have the cash. You can get yourself into a real nice modded SJ for that kind of money just be patient. But if you really want an SXR go for it but if you want an SJ be patient and search for one.

Mark44

If you get the SXR, I would recommend that you save some $$ for a new handle pole. If you are going to take it in the surf...you will probably break before too long.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
SXR's are great jumpers in the surf. Like Ross said, look into a Alum Pole. The OEM Prop is actually very good. I would invest in an intake grate instead of the prop. Add a timing advance plate to give you more bottom end.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Ya they have great acceleration stock.. Stock props are good.. Intake grate if stock is a good upgrade, bilge is good, and I would get a set of hood straps like what jetmaniac sells for it.. SXR's have a tendency to lose their hoods when jumping.. Great skis though and that is a GREAT price for a nice 07.. The dealer near me had one last summer for 4900.. It was a red 07 in nice shape also..

If you get the SXR, I would recommend that you save some $$ for a new handle pole. If you are going to take it in the surf...you will probably break before too long.
Definately get a stronger handlepole... the SXR handlepoles break easily... Broke mine on Friday... It took only 3 sessions to break

Top Bottom