Is it poss the FS1 and EME Q8 DQ'ed?

So it's offical top three DQed, becasue of protest by Bunn over length of hull, etc.

so bunn becomes world champion after taking 4th place... The awards was a joke with Bunn not even showing up, then everyone in the place cheering Rok, rok. Ant Burgess refused to take 2nd place after team mate Lee Stone is DQed on identical boat (don't make since),

It's a bad deal, but it was a great show in very rough conditions..

OK

Roc was riding a RICKTER and got DQ.
Lee was riding a EME and got DQ.
Ivan was riding a Kawasaki I think from what I saw on pictures and he got also DQ.

What was the reason for the DQ?

Marc THE SHARK

Big Kahuna

Administrator
holy crap. It does suck, but by the rules, they were illegal.

Freestyle ONLY: The top deck of freestyle craft may be modified or aftermarket, providing the following: The top deck
must resemble the original top deck of the homologated watercraft;
length and width of top deck must be within 13mm
(0.50 in) of the original component
; the craft must function as originally intended. Fuel fillers may be relocated internally.
The deck and hull must be joined by the same method as the original hull and deck (i.e., bonded together with a highstrength
adhesive). If upper and lower components of the original equipment bond flange are separated and rejoined, they
must be rejoined by the same method as original equipment (See bond flange diagram in Appendix.)
The decision of the Technical Director and/or Race Director regarding modifications will be final. Any question regarding
the legality of modifications should be directed to the IJSBA or IJSBA affiliate prior to use in competition.

Last edited:

tom21

havin fun
it does suck but remember the boats got attention and I am pretty sure that is mainly what those skis went there for. who knows, if everyone starts riding them they become the norm and then the rules change.

Did bunn not bring their A game? is there video yet?

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I sincerly feel BAD for Roc, he had a awesome run that was fluid, packed full of tricks, and just plain awesome.

My 6 million dollar question is----can the new FS1 and Q8 be homologated to be legal in comp for 09? I do not understand homologation at all other than the little bit I read w/Hydrospace showed up on the seen years ago and I don't remember much about that at all. (gettin old and losin memory) LOL

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I sincerly feel BAD for Roc, he had a awesome run that was fluid, packed full of tricks, and just plain awesome.

My 6 million dollar question is----can the new FS1 and Q8 be homologated to be legal in comp for 09? I do not understand homologation at all other than the little bit I read w/Hydrospace showed up on the seen years ago and I don't remember much about that at all. (gettin old and losin memory) LOL

Think 100 have to be produced, may be 200.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Don't place the blame on the ones who follow rules.... have a little sportsmanship..That in itself, can help progress the sport

It should say Top three DQ for not following rules

Bun protested, and they were dq'd. There was no protest in amateur, therefore no dq even though the winner was on a Rickter ski. Had Bun not protested, the results would have stood. If he had not said why they were dq'd, everyone would wonder, or if he said due to a protest, everyone would want to know by who, gotta give the info.

Watching the videos, Bun was outridden by far, protesting was a cheap shot IMO. It's one thing if it was close and the winner was on better equipment, but when you're not even close to get the win via protest is desparation.

It seems to me the builder had to have known his chit would not meet specs. Which means he and the riders just didn't care and took their chances.

I think the competitions would have to be catered to the boats. This chit is cutting edge and why hold back on design to some competition.

Build the ski to slam big air tricks and show it to the people. That hull obviuosly is super bad azz!!! I would like to see a surf version going off in the surf big time!!!

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
you would think these guys would know about rules

Don't place the blame on the ones who follow rules.... have a little sportsmanship..That in itself, can help progress the sport

It should say Top three DQ for not following rules

1. If you have been around for any length of time you would know that the IJSBA is/has been hit or miss when it comes to rules. One year they follow it, the next 5 they dont. But, they can choose to turn a blind eye on something like this if they choose. It is called a judgement call. But when a rider protest, they cannot do anything but pick up the rule book and make their decision that way. Honestly, it really is Bull Crap. That was a crybaby move because Bun did not do well I would hate to think I got a win because I got someone DQ'd. I would rather beat them on the water. Oh, If I am not mistaken I read above where Ant Burguess declined to accept 2nd place.

2. Tommy is a Pro Freestyler. Has been for years. He is just posting what happened. Ever heard the saying "Dont Shoot the Messenger".

Big Kahuna

Administrator
It seems to me the builder had to have known his chit would not meet specs. Which means he and the riders just didn't care and took their chances.

I think the competitions would have to be catered to the boats. This chit is cutting edge and why hold back on design to some competition.

Build the ski to slam big air tricks and show it to the people. That hull obviuosly is super bad azz!!! I would like to see a surf version going off in the surf big time!!!

The FS-1 is designed to do it all. Surf, Flat, you name it.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Watching the videos, Bun was outridden by far, protesting was a cheap shot IMO. It's one thing if it was close and the winner was on better equipment, but when you're not even close to get the win via protest is desparation.[/quote]

Darren, this is the smartest thing u have said to date!!! I agree with you 100%!!! Bad move on Bun's part!!!

Top Bottom