Is it possible to backflip a stock 701 in surf?

simofx-1

freeride
are you asking if anyone has landed a stock backflip of 2ft of surf or are you asking if its a good idea to start learning back flips of 2ft of surf on a superjet......because the answer would be nope bad idea.
by 2 foot do you mean waist high ?

Is it possible. And ya, waist high. What's the bare minimal that someone should do to the ski in order to have a chance of getting it?

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Where do you ride?

I guarantee four guys in the crew I ride with can flip a stock 650 motor off a waist high wave that curls. It's all about timing and skill. The motor really only plays a part when the waves get crappy.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I cant back flip, so im not experton backflipping, however i like tho think of surf backflipping as a simple if / then physics problems...

If you try to throw your balls over your head, and they are big enouh to carry you and your ski around for a full rotation, then you can backflip anything in the surf. Really, the hardest part is starting your huge ass balls in the right direction, momentum does the rest.

Thats just to get a basic flip. The really high backflips and backflips with combos requires a much more complicated parabolic equasion of lift relative to rotation.

Its a lot less complicated than it sounds. In laymans terms, pin it to win it.

i have a 97 sj with stock motor with footholds and a shortened pole. i have attempted it and got about 3/4s of the way around no problem. if my pockets were a little deaper i would be attempting them every time i ride but when you start going up sidown stuff starts to break. if you are expecting things to break and you are ready to pay the price it is 100% possible.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
That's the best post I've ever read. Expect things to break and open your wallet.

Once you learn to make it all the way around it gets way cheaper. You'll still break stuff but not nearly as much.

Where balls go, body will follow... the key for bflipping

If you try to throw your balls over your head, and they are big enouh to carry you and your ski around for a full rotation, then you can backflip anything in the surf. Really, the hardest part is starting your huge ass balls in the right direction, momentum does the rest.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I am!

01436f5c4fd9cac9d30909c41e7ebd89.jpg

650 Vxr I picked up last night.

Norass411

Hoarder
What'd you give for that turd? Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom