is this right SX's came stock with an 80mm Nozzle

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Yes, SX had 80mm, SXi had 76mm, the 900STX sitdown had a 78mm with straightening vanes inside.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I don't think the 900 nozzle will bolt up to a 650/750/800 pump though.

All 650/750/800 pump nozzles will bolt up to any of those pumps.

650 X2's have a plastic pump nozzle and it is about 83mm bore with straightening vanes. I have one if you want to buy it.

SuperJETT

650 X2's have a plastic pump nozzle and it is about 83mm bore with straightening vanes. I have one if you want to buy it.

I never ran it on my SXi, but had a friend who did supposedly with a C.A.T.S. system before it was called that.

They use the same impellers, so the exit nozzle should work.

Last edited:

SuperJETT

Ok, looked it up and I guess the 900's used to have a 140mm pump, but changed to a 148 around 2001, but it depends on the model too.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Ok, looked it up and I guess the 900's used to have a 140mm pump, but changed to a 148 around 2001, but it depends on the model too.

Yeah the 750/900 and 1100 ZXi's all had a similar pump. I had a 96 1100 ZXi I parted out and it had a larger 148m pump. The nozzle from it wouldn't fit a 650/750 pump. But the 750/900/1100 used different props from what I remember.

So to the original poster, stick to a 650/750/800 pump nozzle and you should be fine. Most 650 pump nozzles were plastic and most 750 pump nozzles were aluminum.

Lammy

winter sucks
So from what I have read on here, the 650sx nozzle is 80mm and will bolt right onto the sxr. Is this a good thing to do? I have a 650sx and an sxr and if possible would like to swap those if the sxr will gain performance.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
So from what I have read on here, the 650sx nozzle is 80mm and will bolt right onto the sxr. Is this a good thing to do? I have a 650sx and an sxr and if possible would like to swap those if the sxr will gain performance.

try it out... its only 4 bolts and a few minutes of your time.

if you dont like it you can always switch them back

the bigger the nozzle the more low end you will get.

sorry picked one up , right after first post back

i know have in my hands the 650 X2's plastic pump nozzle about 83 84 mm bore with straightening vanes and the sx 80 mill nozzle.
will try them both in next month or so

ross_taylor800

Ride it like a rental
So maybe I should change my question up a little bit. How would I make my SXR have trim without giving Wamiltons or Thrustinovations over 450 bucks? Ive been staring at my steering nozzle connected to my pump nozzle for about an hour now and everthing I come up with takes my cutting the steering nozzle in half and well I dont like cutting stuff.

i have a full x-2 set up on mine for trim its sick i used the stock sxr reduction nozzel with the x-2 trim ring and steering nozzel i have about 34 degrees of tilt i made a pulley system

Top Bottom