Super Jet Issue - Runs Great Initially, 30 min after riding does NOT start at all

Haha yeah that helps a lot. I fixed that rubber seal with super glue, seems to hold up OK but probably needs to be replaced. I didn't take any of the switches apart, as I didn't have time or a clean area to do so yet.

Also, there was a small hole on the bottom of the start/stop switch, looked it was meant for a screw or something. I sealed that up as well.

The ski will be out of commission until I get this straight bar steering mod done and take apart that switch again. Hopefully be able to get on it by the end of the week.

Last edited:
i also have that hold on the bottom. my guess is that its a drain. if its completely sealed of i would think there would be some kind of sweat or oxidation or mildew from being in water and heat and temperature changes so i left mine there.

Popped open the lanyard switch and the contacts were all grimy and oxidized, cleaning those and the other contacts. Will see what condition the new switch I got is in, may swap that in or just swap the lanyard switch rubber cover.

Also taking out the plug I put in for the drain hole, water still gets in there as it's not really a "sealed" unit. May be a good idea to seal it up completely with silicone and then seal the drain plug, but otherwise probably not a good idea as water would just accumulate in there otherwise.

Top Bottom