Jail Time for No Lanyard on my SJ???

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
for such a petty offense

Would you say it was a petty offense if you got your car up to 40 MPH, hit the cruise control and jumped out letting it go where ever it happened to go? You may think it's petty because you haven't had a problem, but if that SJ ever gets away from you, it wont be petty, it could be fatal.

I agree with the above. Wear the strap, and if you're going to do tricks that require you to not have a laynard, leave it on the bars and get away from any and everyone. A lot of tricks could be done with the laynard attached.

SJ Thumpa

SJ THUMPA
Any of the Australians on this site remember the two freestylers subbing off a ramp in a performance a few years ago? One of the ski's, after the sub, went full throttle a long way into the spectators.

Has anyone still got that footage?

If it was me, I would personally reinstall the lanyard, take pictures of the installed lanyard on your ski to court with you and say you had bought the ski without one..but since you got the ticket you went ahead and had one installed and then show them the proof. Play it off dumb acting like you didn't know it needed to have one.

AIRICCC

tubbies is/are the answer
If it was me, I would personally reinstall the lanyard, take pictures of the installed lanyard on your ski to court with you and say you had bought the ski without one..but since you got the ticket you went ahead and had one installed and then show them the proof. Play it off dumb acting like you didn't know it needed to have one.

agreed, thats your best bet...

P

PancakePete

Its one of those things you have to pay and be done and go on....

2 years ago, I was in the delware river between NJ & PA.
Well, I did a 50/50 with a buddy and 260 ticket and the
PA commandos were screaming they are going to take my license
and impound my ski and basiclly yelled for an hour.

I just made nice and paid it.... that was one bullcrap day.

Sorrry to hear your BS... Its amazing the abuse of authority.

THey are god... dont forget !

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I realize that I removed the factory safety device and I understand they are just enforcing the law for which I will be appearing in court. However where is the rational when the law unnecessarily treats someone without respect for such a petty offense?

Lanyard up its the LAW (I dont :doh:)
Click it or Ticket & court aparently

Just like a seat belt law I guess.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Any of you other law abiding citizens ever been threatened with being hauled off to jail for not signing a mandatory court hearing on a citation?

Well it happened to me on a Pacific Power owned lake in Washington on a Wednesday afternoon. The ironic part was that I was approached for doing a bronco 300 feet OUTSIDE of the no-wake zone...hmmm

Any opinions...mandatory appearance in court week after next...

Was this on Merwin, Yale or Swift lake? The cops are usually fairly friendly there. Could have been they were trying to "send a message" before Labor day weekend.

gj_fx1

X-H2
The law in most places says "...or self circling device". Does not say you cant convert from lanyard to self circle. You might develop some argument based on that.

The law in most places says "...or self circling device". Does not say you cant convert from lanyard to self circle. You might develop some argument based on that.

If the throttle sticks or something else goes wrong causing the ski to go faster than idle the self circling isn't going to work.

jeepmark4x4

Backflip, weeee
I wear a lanyard on busy days mostly during the summer, and in the off season for regular lake users which starts right about now I zip tie that shiat!

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
I just wear a lanyard all the time. I'm not on the hood much at all, and if I fall big enough to have the bars ripped from my hands I want my ski to shut off.

99% of the time I hold on, so the lanyard doesn't get in the way anyways.

Top Bottom