Jay's 96 Standard Freeride RN Build

Whats up, pretty new to the site but not new to riding. I have been buying a bunch of parts off of people on here and I am finally making some progress, so I figure I post up my build. I was going to waste more money on my 05 SXR, but I decided to get smart and pick up an SJ. In December, I picked up a hull off here from a guy in va that striped the hull, put in a set of footholds, reinforced, refoam, smoothed all scratches in it, and sprayed it with an epoxy primer. A bunch of time and money later, I finally have all the parts I need, finished the final body work and spray the hull. Its nothing special compared to what most guys have on here, but heres what I got for now:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on"></st1:City></st1:place>
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">HULL</st1:City></st1:place> AND STEERING <o:p></o:p>
96 RN <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hull</st1:place></st1:City>: Painted Jeep Wrangler- Rescue Green Metallic, 17 oz Biax Reinforcement throughout, 1 Layer of Carbon on sides- Clear Coated, Gun metal gray Base/Cleat coated engine compartment, One-way dumped in pump area<o:p></o:p>
Stock Hood w/ Blowsion Carbon Liner<o:p></o:p>
R&D Intake Grate<o:p></o:p>
Wamiltons Ride Plate- Going to D-cut it<o:p></o:p>
Rebuilt Midshaft Housing<o:p></o:p>
New Stock RN pole- Cut -3"<o:p></o:p>
Xmetal Lowered Bracket
Xmetal Pole Bolts<o:p></o:p>
Xmetal Adjustable Steering System<o:p></o:p>
Xmetal Throttle Lever<o:p></o:p>
WCF Chin Pad<o:p></o:p>
X-Metal Hood hooks- Hull Side<o:p></o:p>
25mm underpadding and Black turf<o:p></o:p>
Jetmaniac Hood Strap<o:p></o:p>
Rotary dash bilge switch w/ Blowsion Guard<o:p></o:p>
Single Rule 500 Bilge<o:p></o:p>
Black 45 bilge outlet<o:p></o:p>
Front Tow loop w/ Bow Eye<o:p></o:p>
Primer kit (plunger style)<o:p></o:p>
ODI Ruffian Grips<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
MOTOR <o:p></o:p>
61x/62t Freestyle Ported cylinder and Cases<o:p></o:p>
82.5 Pro X Pistons <o:p></o:p>
New Stock Dual 38 Carbs w/ Stock FA's<o:p></o:p>
Pro Designs- Cool Head- Girdled <o:p></o:p>
New Factory B-Pipe<o:p></o:p>
JetWorks flow control valve<o:p></o:p>
Cold Fusion Kawi style Couplers<o:p></o:p>
New fuel lines<o:p></o:p>
New cooling lines throughout
Kenny Engine Keepers<o:p></o:p>
ELECTRICAL
MSD Ignition
JSS Coil
Deka ETX9 battery

PUMP
Jetmanic Bored Exit Nozzle<o:p></o:p>
Wamiltons Stubby pump cone<o:p></o:p>
Rebuilt Pump and New Wear Ring<o:p></o:p>
Solas Prop- Sending it to Impros to repitch to 13/17
<o:p>Super Jet Hull Pictures 7.jpgSuper Jet Hull Pictures 1.jpg</o:p>
Super Jet Hull Pictures 4.jpgSuper Jet Hull Pictures 2.jpg
Super Jet Hull Pictures 5.jpgSuperJet- Painted Bottom 2.jpg
SuperJet After Paint.jpgSuperJet After Paint 2.jpg
SuperJet After Paint 3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Ive been seeing that Jeep wrangler color all over around here so Id figured I'd give it a shot. Didnt know it was going to take 8-9 coats of base to get it to cover right, but Im happy with how it came out, especially in the sun. The model A in the background is my old man's and he has it sold because he just bought a 'me too' C5 Corvette which pisses me off that he would do such a thing. The Chevelle on the lift in the background is mine. It was a frame off restoration and is like 90 % and I do really need to work on that but I want to ride this thing to soon.

Top Bottom