Jet Pilot race bootie... beware

Scorn800

Ride for life
I also have a set of ne Jet pilot race boots.
1 of mine has had top velco rip away from the strap.
I have about 20rides on them. I really like them except for the strap.

OptimaRacing

Jet zoomers
Just ordered up a couple of pairs of these:
E412616050.jpg

Go to www.allthingsscuba.com to order. If you look, they have the exact same sole as the current Slippery boot, but no horrible laces and no double bootie! Very similar to the old JetPilots. I'm pretty happy!

WAB

salty nuts
I've ditched the Asics wrasslin boots for cushioned sole running shoes (lowtop reeboks with foam sole, no rubber)

I think most of us have bought into the 'ankle support' of the wrasslin boots. Do we really need lots of ankle support? Has anybody ever rolled their ankle on a standup? Maybe it helps if you have a previous ankle injury and don't want to risk a reinjury. Of the few guys that had bad heel injuries, ankle support would not have helped that injury. Would a thicker cushioned sole have helped?

The wrasslin boots provide NO cushion for wave jumping....straight impact to the spine & legs. Neo socks are good for winter, but 2-3mm of neoprene does nothing for cushioning or shock.

My 2 cents :wave:

wydopen

onthepipe
25mm padding from Hydro-Turf works wonders :)

I've ditched the Asics wrasslin boots for cushioned sole running shoes (lowtop reeboks with foam sole, no rubber)

I think most of us have bought into the 'ankle support' of the wrasslin boots. Do we really need lots of ankle support? Has anybody ever rolled their ankle on a standup? Maybe it helps if you have a previous ankle injury and don't want to risk a reinjury. Of the few guys that had bad heel injuries, ankle support would not have helped that injury. Would a thicker cushioned sole have helped?

The wrasslin boots provide NO cushion for wave jumping....straight impact to the spine & legs. Neo socks are good for winter, but 2-3mm of neoprene does nothing for cushioning or shock.

My 2 cents :wave:

Can't ride barefoot by me, we have way to many Zebra muscles in Lake Michigan. Cut your foot worse than a piece of glass will. My tennis shoes are way to big for clomping around in the tray. Just won a pair of ascics wrestling sheos on ebay for $17.40 (size 14)

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I just can't believe that JP would let those things out to the retailers. They must have tested them out to realize the soles are going to fall off in a few rides. I'm not a fan of JP.

JP like most American companies sold out and have their stuff made overseas now cheap labor = more profit =sucky products:moon:Thats what they think about the customer now,its all about the profit and loss.

ShAkEdOwN

Armada Racing
I've tried the JP's (crap) and gave up after 2 pairs.
They stay on great and the NRS shoe is the best freestyle/surf shoe I've tried so far. They both seems to last well. The NRS can be hard to get in and out of though...
They both provide excellent traction, support for your foot and are comfy to walk in. I walk my ski to my launch site, about ½ mile. I have 1½ season on the Seasofts and about 10 outings on the NRSs.

I agree with this 100%. NRS has some great products. The jet pilot shoes R crap. mine didn't last a season.

ShAkEdOwN

Armada Racing
another reason to ride barefoot:rolleyes: ...with the split toe at least you can pinch the end of the bootie between your toes in case it gets folded over or something...ive never like round toe booties but i dislike anything on my feet in the water but i like split toes the best

I refuse to ride barefoot after I broke my foot two years ago. My foot slipped in the tray and hit the side.......SNAP!!! :skull2:

Top Bottom