Other Jet ski ban , lake powell , mead , mohave ???

ph1lthy11y

Cummins hauls my ski to the water
Whats going on with this ban ?? I know a few people on this forum ride on these lakes myself included . But i haven't since this ban took effect. has anyone ridden on any of the three lakes since January 1st ? how do plan on getting around the fuel injected thing ? PLEASE reply .... Thanks Phillip

I was at lake mohave on new years. Ban was in effect when I was there.

unless otherwise i dont see them stopping it. why have you or your buddies gotten past..

I converting my ski to 1100DI

ph1lthy11y

So from the little bit i read i that site there is a label on the motor saying your 2006 emissions legal and if you have one your good to go ? So if a feller was to make such label and put it on motor is he good to go ?

"Park rangers will receive extensive training on how to identify non-compliant PWCs. Combined with that knowledge, they will take into account operator knowledge, the model of the vessel, the engine type, and whether it's carbureted when determining compliance with the regulation."

How difficult is it to convert to direct injection? Seriously this trend better not move into my state. I just almost ruined my marriage to get my hands on a 2013 sj. If i cant use it in two years I'm going to end up being divorced for sure lol. Can you imagine the hell she'll give me???? FML

Last edited:
"Park rangers will receive extensive training on how to identify non-compliant PWCs. Combined with that knowledge, they will take into account operator knowledge, the model of the vessel, the engine type, and whether it's carbureted when determining compliance with the regulation."

How difficult is it to convert to direct injection? Seriously this trend better not move into my state. I just almost ruined my marriage to get my hands on a 2013 sj. If i cant use it in two years I'm going to end up being divorced for sure lol. Can you imagine the hell she'll give me???? FML

From my understanding the ban will eventually effect all national parks.

the conversion is pretty intensive, find a 1100 di donor ski, and fab it into your hull.

todc207

Drama diffuser
I will try to google the story but I read that this is the sample model for all national park bodies of water then to the state level. So do they also claim they own the great lakes and oceans? Slippery slope indeed. Same chit happening with our 4x4 off road areas just they use different excuses there to ban us.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
This is definate comunism. I do not see how a government can tell you that you cannot use an item you own on public waterways. Emissions is one thing as there are MILLIONS of cars on the road every day. But when they target minorities that are not effecting the atmosphere enough to matter then its just personal interests controling general public.
If you were to go into these peoples homes and find something they do that bothers you and a couple other people then can we ban them from doing it? Maybe they put clorine in their swimming pool and we think that is an unsafe chemical that uses petro to produce. Or whatever, maybe they use bleech based products to clean and we dont like it. This is personal intrest groups controling government decisions that effect the general public. ITS BS.

Its all about the surf!
I don't ride any of those places so the ban does not affect me. But if I did I would probably log the patrol times and change my riding times so I'd be on the lake when they aren't. I doubt they have the manpower to patrol the entire lake anyways. I'm not advocating breaking the law but when a blatantly prejudicial law is made to single out a small group of people I can see why they wouldn't respect the authority that made such an unfair law in the first place. Good luck guys

ph1lthy11y

This is crap . what if they want to do this to river or havasu . there's gotta be something we can do i would be willing to join something if it helps .

INDebtSJ

Having a VISION!
But the government knows best. It is here to feed you,teach you,give you health care ,raise your children and teach your children morals of life.

You can play dumb all you want. You will get caught.. I haven't been to the other lakes only Mohave, all they are doing is checking at the gate when you pay to get in... One way in, one way out. The rangers are trained they can tell a newer ski from an older ski. And if the ski looks older they are stopped and checked. Gates are open from morning till 5pm. So if you plan on evading them you will only get a couple hours of ride time...

and the best thing is they have a patrol boat that sits at the entrance of the 5 mph zone in front of the launch ramp.. So if they don't get you by the gate they will get you at the ramp lol... You have to come in some time.

i brought my 2008 gp1300r. They stopped me and check to make sure....

See different story for Mohave than Mead. People are riding Mead every week right now and not being bothered. Not to mention last year riding from March to Thanksgiving on weekdays (no weekends) I saw the rangers all of twice. They were lacking staff because of funds last year and are hurting even more this year. Also most of us ride where there is no launch ramp and less traveled dirt road where 4x4 is almost required to launch.

Lake Mead they CANNOT stop you at the gate. The road connects to so many places, Kingman area, Henderson, N Vegas, Valley of Fire, etc. They have let mx and atvs through for years even though they are banned in the park adn we have seen people ride them where they are banned. People use the roads as a short cut and that is why they cannot stop anyone from entering. Also at Mead it's so big and they have other things to worry about. Some of us at Mead and even a guy at Powell were told this will be an education year and we will be able to ride the year out but will be stopped to help train Rangers/NPS and things like that. Some Rangers even said it's not their job to enforce it as it's a Fed law. Some NPS said its bs and they have other things to do. Depending on who you talk to depends on what answer you get.

Also I will argue the fact that if 2 strokes are polluting, than kick off the fishing boats as well. Can't let one stay and kick out another if the engines are why we are banned. Some Rangers/NPS will not bother you after this fact as they don't want to be involved in any court battle they have no concern in. And especially with how many fisherman throw cans, bottles, styrofoam, etc that pollutes the lake.

Sad thing is if they enforce the ban Mead will really be a :):):):) hole. Filled with undesirables at the family spots and trash all along the shore. Most riders pick up our trash and other peoples, including nails and broken glass all along the shore line. Not to mention how many stranded boats we helped and drowning people we've saved. The number of deaths will climb without some of the riders out to help people.

Mike89

WAVE DREAMER
You can always move to Michigan, ride the Great Lakes. The government woudnt be able to ban jetskis since the Great Lakes are shared by Canada, which means the government would have to make an agreement with Canadian officials to ban jetskis...not likely to happen. Even if they were able to ban on the U.S. side you could still ride the Canadian side with a candian boating license.

todc207

Drama diffuser
You can always move to Michigan, ride the Great Lakes. The government woudnt be able to ban jetskis since the Great Lakes are shared by Canada, which means the government would have to make an agreement with Canadian officials to ban jetskis...not likely to happen. Even if they were able to ban on the U.S. side you could still ride the Canadian side with a candian boating license.
I swear I'm not a conspiracy guy but what was going around a couple years ago in the 2 stroke snowmobile world was when they eventually bad 2 strokes all together there was a clause that if you own one and leave the country it will NOT be allowed back in. This was to help speed up the "cleansing" period is what they called it. We where all looking into it due to racing. Don't say it could never happen.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
I swear I'm not a conspiracy guy but what was going around a couple years ago in the 2 stroke snowmobile world was when they eventually bad 2 strokes all together there was a clause that if you own one and leave the country it will NOT be allowed back in. This was to help speed up the "cleansing" period is what they called it. We where all looking into it due to racing. Don't say it could never happen.
wow, that's good you looked into it. it would suck to go to a race in canada and come back and they tell you to leave it in canada or don't come home.

Top Bottom