Jet Waves Brazil 2009

danm! some pretty sick riding, was that ross with the indian air backie? SICK!
yea that was a 180 alley oop reentry, getting that last 90-180 degrees seems to be impossible.
that lenzi boat looks horrible for surf riding, im surprised he took the win with riding like that.

I think you would have to take that trick HUGE to even have a hope of landing it truly square,your working against the angle of momentum,unless you could hit it with the tail sliding hard down the face,but that would scrub alot of your height.

Pierre did the indian air for Best Trick.

with panache my friend, with panache...lol...

Chris, I had to think about that, but then I understood....

panache [pəˈnæʃ -ˈnɑːʃ]

2. (Clothing & Fashion) a feathered plume on a helmet
[via French from Old Italian pennacchio, from Late Latin pinnāculum feather, from Latin pinna feather; compare Latin pinnāculum pinnacle]

So you feathers in the helmet like an Indian headress!.. hence Indian Air :moon:

Come on guys, it was 2 weeks ago... I was there on the beach cleaning and waxing Uncle Sam's Team's skis.... making pinacoldas for you.... feeding Ross donuts.....

I found found out what a Jonesey is.... but nobody every mentioned an Indian Air!!!!

What is it?

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
Chris, I had to think about that, but then I understood....

panache [pəˈnæʃ -ˈnɑːʃ]

2. (Clothing & Fashion) a feathered plume on a helmet
[via French from Old Italian pennacchio, from Late Latin pinnāculum feather, from Latin pinna feather; compare Latin pinnāculum pinnacle]

So you feathers in the helmet like an Indian headress!.. hence Indian Air :moon:

I miss my silly English friends lol...

like you said, you were there how did you miss it you tosser!!!:clown:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
lenzi win = local decision

yeah dude, the pommy (grahm) knows what he's talking about. You shouldn't make those assumptions. Lenzi deserved the win. There was no controversy regarding the decision. The surf was very small at the event and lenzi was really able to differentiate himself from the rest of the competition partly from his flatwater skills and equipment along with his surf riding

your right i wasn't there but i have never been impressed with lenzi's surf skills. plus he's on that circus boat.

were his tricks innovative? his surf riding smooth? 57,000 backflips gets old. he just never looks like he is in control of his ski. just looks like he is along for the ride. his re-entrys look poor.

backflip variations look sweet. i wonder if his feet ever come out of his holds. maybe all his good stuff didn't make the video.

but i wasn't there, so i now know i am not allowed to draw conclusions from a video.

my bad. (local decision)

(great video though. thanks for posting.)

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Pic of an Indian air below. Basically when you kick your legs apart instead of keeping them together. Pierre did a back flip indian air.

your right i wasn't there but i have never been impressed with lenzi's surf skills. plus he's on that circus boat.

were his tricks innovative? his surf riding smooth? 57,000 backflips gets old. he just never looks like he is in control of his ski. just looks like he is along for the ride. his re-entrys look poor.

backflip variations look sweet. i wonder if his feet ever come out of his holds. maybe all his good stuff didn't make the video.

but i wasn't there, so i now know i am not allowed to draw conclusions from a video.

my bad. (local decision)

(great video though. thanks for posting.)

I would have thought the same if I hadn't seen it myself. His surf ridding was good. His air/amplitude was probably the biggest of the weekend. Largely due to a light powerful ski (Maybe a circus boat, but I want one). But he really had pretty good style.
His tray is so small it would be dufficult to get out of the holds and put your foot somewhere else. He did move his feet a little because you could see him kick into the holds before he was gonna do something.
It didn't come across great in the vid, but he rode very well.

Attachments

• 144_0706_05_z+honda_cr250r+indian_air.jpg
    144_0706_05_z+honda_cr250r+indian_air.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom