New JetManiac 62t/61x Freestyle Ported Motor $2089.

I am interested in one of these motors. I was going to totally rebuild my '99 SJ motor with new crank and everything but came across this and it sounds like a better way to go. Didn't know towing my SJ would flood the engine with water and it sat for a few months like that. Didn't have any spark so we towed it home and it sat for a while. Anyhow can I get you motor as a 'core' to save some money? I have a girdled ADA and B pipe on it now. Any info on how to get one of these in the works would great. Finally warmed up in Michigan and its a short riding season!

I was wondering what the cost would be for a motor build for sport spec raceing just 62t-61x 701 with a little exhaust and intake porting and polishing lightend flywheel with 44s

X2^^
I think I am more interested in the 781 BB package so I don't have to upgrade "again" later on,.....but out of curiosity,...this thread started as 718 bore,.....but now I see it's a 735 engine? Did I miss the thread where it states why it's now a 735? Did it just make sense to go up to 735 because it has more power with the same reliability,...or another reason?

Also,..is there a big difference in power between this and the JM 781 bb? Is the extra cost in the BB worth it?

And I assume if I just bought the 735 "top end kit" it would be the same as this,..only I'd be using my existing cylinder and crank?

Dumb questions I'm sure but I'm just trying to learn!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
X2^^
I think I am more interested in the 781 BB package so I don't have to upgrade "again" later on,.....but out of curiosity,...this thread started as 718 bore,.....but now I see it's a 735 engine? Did I miss the thread where it states why it's now a 735? Did it just make sense to go up to 735 because it has more power with the same reliability,...or another reason?

We make either a 718 and 735. Some want the max to start with.

Also,..is there a big difference in power between this and the JM 781 bb? Is the extra cost in the BB worth it?

Yes, there is a large jump in power, whether it is worth it depends on your budget and power expectations.

And I assume if I just bought the 735 "top end kit" it would be the same as this,..only I'd be using my existing cylinder and crank?

Top end kit is cylinder porting only. The complete motor has heavily ported and modded cases, as well as epoxy reinforcement and modding in multiple areas.

Dumb questions I'm sure but I'm just trying to learn!

Not dumb questions, just start a conversation and we will answer any other questions you may have.

Will do! Thanks Chris. I'll be in touch soon. Going to be getting an AM hull VERY soon (99% sure a Freak btw!),...and I am probably going to need some new parts. Just gathering my list and getting info as I get ready. Didn't mean to derail this thread but just wanted to give you a heads up as I have a bunch of questions to ask YOU soon. So when you get a PM in from me ,.....be prepared! LOL

Top Bottom