Jetworks fc valve worth it with SINGLE cooling??

SJ Knox

94 Squarenose 701
I've been browsing through quite a large amount of posts that are getting me all revved up about the jetworks fcv, but almost everyone running it is also running dual cooling. Is there any benefit to it if I am just running single cooling. I have a B pipe mod, by the way. I'm also not currently running any restrictors unless the pisser has one in it (is that possible??). Ski was already set up like this when I bought it.

All it does is clean up the very bottom end off idle. It keeps the waterbox dry under 3000 rpm's and yes you will notice it. It makes my ski a little louder though.

Quick question..... there are two different styles of these valves if I recall correctly... one is a adjustable by twisting and the other by different sized washers? which one is better?

Y

yamaslut

the one that turns to adjust is the better of the 2... I believe they call it the "pro" version

Y

yamaslut

you will notice a difference right away.... I need to order mine.... i tried sluts on my boat, and was like why the fulk dont I have one:banghead:

I got that old one you can use... get that f'ing boat done so we can ride this weekend..

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
I've got single cooling and a B-pipe and it makes a noticible difference. My ski wasn't running right and I had it in the tank at jetworks. When Art pinched the hose to the waterbox it cleared up the problem. With big horsepower boats it doesn't matter as much but it works pretty good for a stock setup.

DsmRacing

Wannabe Freerider
I have one (the adjustable blue one) and have yet to play with adjusting it, anyone have a simple way of getting it tuned. The instructions were a bit confusing, I like simple. Suggestions please.

Thanks,

Chad

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
I bought one and DAMMIT MAN-makes the transition from pilot jets to mains MUCH crisper and cleaner. I definitely recc them-the blue one u twist to adjust.

It caused me top start barrell rolling and back flipping IMMEDIATELY!:bsflag:

Just install it with no washers (or least resistance on the twist one I guess) and go from there. I have no wasjers in mine and I believe that means no water until 3000 rpms. I can't imagine needing more washers. It works perfectly with none.

Y

yamaslut

I have one (the adjustable blue one) and have yet to play with adjusting it, anyone have a simple way of getting it tuned. The instructions were a bit confusing, I like simple. Suggestions please.

Thanks,

Chad

put it on the furthest turn out and take a rip on the ski... keep tightening it down till you fell the sponginess on the bottom go away... keep an eye on the chamber too for heat....

I can run my ski w/ almost no water going into the chamber at all...

SJ Knox

94 Squarenose 701
Cool, good to hear so much feedback. I can deal with a little louder, might make me feel a little more like a badass. :cool2:
I know you're supposed to restrict slightly with these things, but how do I tell if my actual pisser is restricted or regular...................Ha......Besides just looking down.......:wall: Seriously though are there such things as restrictors built into pissers?

Seriously though are there such things as restrictors built into pissers?
this thread convinced me to get one as well. As far as pissers i believe the sell different mm size holes to restrict the water but im not 100% sure on that.
Pissers do come in different sizes. Most hardware stores also sell 3/8" od nylon washers with different sized openings that can be placed in the cooling line.

Top Bottom