Joy...... (knee injury)

Well, here is another update.

Turns out the majority of the pain was coming from Hoffa Fat Pad Impingement Syndrome. A torn portion of the fatty pad under the patellar tendon becomes inflamed and pinched causing crazy pain. That has since subsided, however, the torn tendon is still an issue. I've completed physical therapy, and I still have a pretty constant mild pain. I have full ROM and full strength (though some things cause more pain than others). My surgeon has stated that I should try living with the pain until it becomes unbearable, as she doesn't recommend the surgery yet. My plan is to keep working out and exercising (and riding) over the summer, and just biting the bullet on surgery after this season.

Currently to ride, I have to wear a patellar strap and a brace. Kind of ridiculous that nothing can be done at this point and I am extremely frustrated. I just need to wait now I guess.

Dg2

I tore my meniscus off twice last year 5 months apart from each other.. Both from jet skiing, surgery both times. The second time they took the meniscus out. I also have a tiny tear in my acl so I'm wearing a brace this year

Devin

I'm requesting a second opinion next week and getting an updated MRI.

Hey mate just read through this post and i think i may have done the same

I was snow skiing last week and took a fall and my left knee has been aching since, I carried on skiing as it was not painful however i knew something wasn't right.
Anyway i came home and went out in the surf on my Jet ski and landed a pretty heavy flip which made it worse. Now a few days on the aching is still there but i'm living with
it, it mainly hurts when going down stairs.
Does any of this sound familiar?? I think i may need tto see the doctor lol.

Yeah stairs are my mortal enemy. Going down though, up isn't too bad. The pain is just below my kneecap at the front of the knee. It's possible you've strained it too, so try ice and anti inflammatory meds. Give it a week or so. From a sitting position, completely extending your leg will be painful too.

Yes it does not sound as bad as yours..I'll give the ice a go. I have a pre IFWA surf training weekend next weekend so i want to go good for that.

Top Bottom