300/440/550 Js 440 Waterbox

rolltidez71

86 JS440
Hey y'all, wanted to know if anyone had a eater box that works. Took mine out and it was full of water and rust. So in turn I need another. Let me know thanks

rolltidez71

86 JS440
20121013_163526.jpg

20121013_163532.jpg

screaming440

The Old Skool Professor
FYI that is the old style ebox used till 1980. they are hard to find but the new style box will work. the difference is that the old one has a cdi and a coil the new one uses a combined cdi/coil they call an igniter. also the battery starter wires are connected on the outside of the ebox and the start/stop switch wires are probably a little different.

the only problem you may have is that the trigger coil on the older stator has a different resestace spec. so you may have to change the stator too if you use the newer ebox but i am not sure.

rolltidez71

86 JS440
Thanks for the headsup. I am totally new to the standup world so still trying to figure out the mechanics of it. I think I am just going to pull the whole engine and clean it up and whatever else it needs for the winter and then hopefully if I dont get to frustrated with it and set it on fire then I will have a nice standup for next summer.

rolltidez71

86 JS440
Man that would be so great!! And to be honest I dont really know what i need, its a mess in there and it looks like it all is trashed; so yes i would say a complete unit.

Top Bottom