300/440/550 Js440/550

Does anyone have any pictures of the motor area of their 440/550? I really need to get an idea of where all the water lines need to run, as well as the fuel lines.

Here is what I have:

1988 550 Hull
1977 440 Motor
Westcoast Exhaust
Westcoast Exhaust Manifold
2 Pissers on left side of hull
Hot seat Water box
Below the waterline Exhaust port on Right side

If someone can give me a hand with some pictures, I would greatly appreciate it! I am hoping to get this ski put together in the next 3 weeks (just in time for the warm weather!):biggthumpup:

Thanks guys!

BarefootPolaris

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Here is something i made from a pic I had of my ski
Part 1 can be straight from the pump inlet to the exhaust manifold mine looked all funky because i have a sand filter and flush kit squeezed in there.

Part 2 is from the head to the head pipe

Part 3 is from the back or side of the head pipe to the stinger which on the way gets T'd for your pisser

Attachments

• cooling lines.jpg
    cooling lines.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 169
:Banane57: Huge help! Thanks man for that.

This may be dumb, but what the heck is the sand filter for? I am new to the stand up world (looking forward to it though!)

Thanks again!

Any other help is greatly appreciated!

BarefootPolaris

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
yeah... no problem

its a filter that strains the water coming in from the pump great for shallow riding or in sandy areas such as the river or the ocean. It picks up most of the sand that comes through the pump water inlet before it reaches your motor cooling channels. Which prevents sand build up in your motor which can lead to clogged water flow which then leads to overheating and thus no brapage

Sweet, well since my primary goal with this ski of mine was to use it in the ocean, I think I may need to look into that, especially while i have everything torn apart. How much are they and where do I fid them?

BarefootPolaris

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Order one through John zigler he is a Hot products dealer
shouldn't cost more than 10-15 bucks but WELL worth it.
send him a PM letting him know thats what you want and let him know i told ya if he has any questions i can clarify.

Top Bottom