Jump sub

ToddW

Web GuY
do they sell everything u need at walmart? Also i need this for a bilge pump right?
bilge pumo abviously
hose
switch
thru hull fitting
is it worth getting an automatic bcuz the switches are normally like 50-75 bucks?

Don't get an automatic bilge they cycle you need one to run all the time or atleast when you WNAT it to.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
Agree- forget the automatics. It's more expensive to get the switch, but it is a lot more user-friendly of a setup. You also have to mount it in the compartment, so don't forget you need a mounting bracket or some kind of makeshift holder at the bottom of your ski. I am going to be using a duckbill/bilge setup. I will only use the bilge in heavy surf riding and during subs. The rest of the time the duckbill will hook me up.

id guess those switches are sold out by now. Cn i use a 2 part apoxy or something else to put it in the hull? The blowsion mounting thing is expensive!!!! whats a duckbill?

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
id guess those switches are sold out by now. Cn i use a 2 part apoxy or something else to put it in the hull? The blowsion mounting thing is expensive!!!! whats a duckbill?
Yes, you can. Some guys on here do that. Make sure you use good epoxy, otherwise all the jumping you do may shake it loose. I tried that also, and after one day the thing came loose and was rattling around near my driveshaft.
Since I posted this, I ditched the duckbill. I lost two of them, and almost sunk the ski. I am running a Versiplug, and have been for a long time...no issues at all.

http://www.shop.ejfengineering.com/...14F0C1620315D555685.qscstrfrnt04?categoryId=2

FJXP

I wish I had a million $
I do them all the time on my SXR and yes Footholds HELP ALOT, if i have enough speed and jump high enough it looks like i'm doing a nose stab...i hit the water so hard that i go over the freakn handle pole....i'll post a vid later

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
There was a vid on here somewhere of someone subbing a b1. You need to get the rear end up pretty steep to actually get it to go under. Straps would help but you could hook the seat with your calf or something. The hard part with a b1 is hanging on when you hit the water. On a b1, you have a lot more exposed area than a standup, and you can't crouch down - so you get PLOWED by the wall of water.

If you still aint got it practice in a boat wake in the middle where it is calm it will suck you in just stay back away from the boat thats how I got the feel for it then you can do it all the time

i used to do theme with out bilge pump, just useing the factory bilge which sucked had to ride it full throttle. then i put a bilge on , definately need 2 if u dont hava scupper valve, by the way which scupper is better blowsion or wamiltons.

SPARTAN(GR)

morefuel my tank is empty
DSC_0015.jpgDSC_0016.jpgDSC_0017.jpg
pencil.png
:trink26:

baxt3r

BBQ
I'm having issues coming back up. I'm apparently pulling my weight too far back in the tray and coming out in a tail stand. It might look cool to the passing boaters but it isnt what I'm shooting for. I think part of it is from me not giving it throttle on the way down. Maybe.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

sub6.jpg

sub7.jpg

I was doing this without a bilge, since my Rule crapped out on me, so I kept it shallow. I wasn't going too fast, either. I have found the key is pulling up on your feet, squatting and forcing the bars down as you feel the boat start to drop from the jump. Good times!

Top Bottom