300/440/550 Just bought a 1985 550

Hey guys, new to the forums and to stand up jet skis.

I just picked up a rebuilt 550 with about 20-30hrs on it. For the little i know about jet skis i know it has an exhaust manifold, the main exhaust pipe (whatever thats called), new prop, grate and came with 3 plates the guys said a stock one, one for turning, and one for jumping, also has new turf. Paint is good but im going to paint it army green and put that tiger shark face on the front, seen it on a ski and it looked sweet.

I picked it up for 400 bucks, do you guys think its a good deal?

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Hey guys, new to the forums and to stand up jet skis.

I just picked up a rebuilt 550 with about 20-30hrs on it. For the little i know about jet skis i know it has an exhaust manifold, the main exhaust pipe (whatever thats called), new prop, grate and came with 3 plates the guys said a stock one, one for turning, and one for jumping, also has new turf. Paint is good but im going to paint it army green and put that tiger shark face on the front, seen it on a ski and it looked sweet.

I picked it up for 400 bucks, do you guys think its a good deal?

That is a decent deal. I have the same ski, you will enjoy it.

Congrats, I just got my first standup, and took it out for the first time today ... by myself but with a buddy to watch and help me get it in and out of my suv. Picked a spot about waist deep in case it died on me.

Soooooo fun... until my starter died (bendix stuck I think). Going to try to fix it now so I can ride it again tomorrow!

Not as hard as I imagined to ride, but definitely not easy at first, but thats what makes it fun.

I'm in Florida so water is still 74 here :D

I think I may get the lanyard mod for it... yeah it will circle, but sometimes it goes kinda a long way before it slows enough to circle. I actually like the idea of it staying running, but it's way safer to just kill it.

Have fun, expect a malfunction. Don't get stuck swimming in 60 degree water.

Last edited:
Top Bottom