Just brought home my first blaster

Just got home from purchasing my first jet ski, and its a 93 waveblaster. Its completely stock and from the look of my bank account it might stay that way for a few months. I had it out on the lake to day and it was still a blast even stock.

Just got home from purchasing my first jet ski, and its a 93 waveblaster. Its completely stock and from the look of my bank account it might stay that way for a few months. I had it out on the lake to day and it was still a blast even stock.

They are a ton of fun I just busted mine, but will be fixed soon as a new blaster rider as well, i did it on the cheap, but doing a plate and grate was a good investment.

I also did the waterbox. You can probably get those parts used for cheap.

I only got to ride it for 10 mins but it was fun. I will take it out again on wed after work. So is there any thing I need to know, before riding it like crazy on wed.

Also is there anything I must get done immediately so I don't mess up the ski?

Im not a huge authority on it as I am also new and some of the essential stuff was done on mine already, but I understand having a pisser (second cooling system) and a oil blockoff, so you use a premix are 2 of the essential things. Also, you should learn to sidemount, there are some threads on here for that. other then that bounce that bad boy out of the water till the hull breaks.

How much am I looking at spending on a pisser (second cooling system) and a oil blockoff? I would be doing the work myself and where should i start looking for parts at?

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Don't bother with changing the cooling system (ie adding a pisser) until you get a pipe which should be your first major performance part for the engine. Oil block offs are cheap, but I wouldn't consider them essential unless you doubt the integrity of your oil injection system. They are pretty cheap tho if you want to get one anyways just to be safe. You could find one used in the classifieds or new at somewhere like riva or atlantic jetsports.

So what kind of performance increase will I see with a pipe, and what kind of expense should i expect. I have a buddy who can help me install the pipe so I dont plan on having that expense. Also whats a good pipe ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
Blsters are virtually maintenance-free.

The oil block-off plate is around $10 but you can make your own... it's just a flat plate with two holes in it (it covers up the hole in the front engine cover left when you remove the oil pump).

I like adding a pisser just because it shows that there's water going into the engine.

DCRocks

Wavejunkies
So what kind of performance increase will I see with a pipe, and what kind of expense should i expect.

Probably the best overall boost in performance for the $$$ outside of a new prop.

If you can afford it, the one that most people go for is Factory Pipe's Limited B-Pipe, but even used ones go for $500-600, and are snapped up almost as soon as they are posted for sale.

Be warned though, the big issue with used pipes is the adjustment screws in the head pipe.

A Pipe, Prop, and grate are really all the mods needed for most people as far as a blaster goes.

I have seen a Blaster barrel rolled and backflipped with no other mods than these 3 items.

When buying a prop, be thinking about if you want top end speed, or off the line pop, as the two tend to be in oppisite directions for prop specs.

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
I only got to ride it for 10 mins but it was fun. I will take it out again on wed after work. So is there any thing I need to know, before riding it like crazy on wed.

Also is there anything I must get done immediately so I don't mess up the ski?

absolutely...remove the oil injection and run premix, that way you have piece of mind that you are getting the proper oil mixture

the oil block off plate is like 10 bucks from any parts store that sells pwc crap

Last edited:

str8pinned

SHAKE & BAKE
absolutely...remove the oil injection and run premix, that way you have piece of mind that you are getting the proper oil mixture

the oil block off plate is like 10 bucks from any parts store that sells pwc crap

shoot if ur really a cheapskate, u can use a good piece of thick plastic for a block off plate..... i did it on two of my buddys skis and they run like a champ!!!! lol

go with a pipe if you want a good power increase. The b-pipe is the best pipe out there, but i love the riva red pipe. it gives a good increase in power, and is not as expensive as the b-pipe.
dito on getting rid of the oil injection!!
also you can do some free mods like adding quick steer which will help with the handling.

brett

-------------
move your steering cable closer to the nozzle
1_0411081819.jpg

and definitely run a pisser and premix

^ what he said!! thanks for getting the pics up. On the nozzle you can take off the little ball thing that the cable connects to, then drill a hole closer toward the nozzle. this will allow the nozzle to pivot more when you turn the bars.
you may have to trim the nozzle so it doesnt catch with the added movement.

Top Bottom