Just got 93 blaster.... Ideas please !

Love the reminiscing! I have Pro taper wide bars on my B1. If you don't want to race, a dry pipe is fine. You can get a billet throttle (and many mods) on Blowsion's website and eBay. My bumper kit was cut and installed by prior owner. Riva Groovy ride plate is great. I have an R&D ride plate that's okay. Make sure you have a bilge pump as blasters can tend to fill up w water. I run a rule 500.

Haha, I remember the Blurple colored groovy, i really appreciate your responses. Let me ask this, Ive got it down but have not yet mastered the blaster. I believe its when not entering a turn/cut correct & commited it will start to slide a lil and i shift weight or fan throttle or do whatever, heck best way i know to explain it is im turning and low but not as low as the previous 3 turns and its not feeling as good and hooked up as those previous turns and its wanting to slide out. This isnt a big deal and i believe i know the reasons it is happening(sometimes its just the chop not allowing it to stay hooked) but will the groovy help with this? i havent heard any mention of an intake grate, is the stock fine?

Stock grate is lame.. Best grate is jet dynamics followed by worx. (depending on riding conditions and style) Jet dynamics no doubt gives best hook up. You won't have that sliding out problem anymore. Worx has a little less hook up but tiny bit smotth water speed supposedly. Honestly, how many times is the water that smooth. I had a worx for years, loved it. Now I have jetdynamics and love it more. There used to be some other grates by riva or protec but you don't see many posts on them. Groovy ride plate are highly spoken of but hard to find unless your Blaster came with one ( I looked for one last summer with no luck). The ride plate will help more with characteristics like porpoising and straight line tracking and carving. with a good intake grate ride plate combo you can carve turns like the jetski was on rails... One of my favorite pass times of a smooth section of water is carving slalom turns back to back down the middle of the river full throttle. Have a "Blast". Good luck

And you guys with the swapped motors very nice. the more i think about it that may make more sense with being able to obtain a motor pretty easy. I will have to wear this one out before I can justify going for it though. I know there are plenty of build threads to refer to but what is the cost give or take $500 of swapping if i already have a complete motor? Curious as to weight difference between 2 and 3 cylinder. what motor is that you are running sneds? I plan to keep this thing in the air as much as possible on the TN river so the triple may be out of the question. My folks have a 42 ft cruiser that throws up a nice 5.5 foot wall if he doesnt plane out and adjust trim and tabs getting getting the a$$ in the water.

To the OP, what's your budget? If money is limitless, you can obviously do anything. If there's a budget, and you want a freestyle boat, start with these:

- Get new handlebars, or at least raise them up with a riser
- D-cut your stock ride plate for waaay more maneuverability.
- Take out the oil bottle and oil pump and premix 50:1
- Get auto bailers, a bilge pump only if you leave it floating overnight
- Aftermarket wet pipe, Riva or Factory
- ADA head (35cc for 91 octane)

I snapped this quick pic of my ride this morning. Taking it for a spin tonight.
blaster.jpg

And you guys with the swapped motors very nice. the more i think about it that may make more sense with being able to obtain a motor pretty easy. I will have to wear this one out before I can justify going for it though. I know there are plenty of build threads to refer to but what is the cost give or take $500 of swapping if i already have a complete motor? Curious as to weight difference between 2 and 3 cylinder. what motor is that you are running sneds? I plan to keep this thing in the air as much as possible on the TN river so the triple may be out of the question. My folks have a 42 ft cruiser that throws up a nice 5.5 foot wall if he doesnt plane out and adjust trim and tabs getting getting the a$$ in the water.
Nick, it's a Dasa 5mm 908cc motor with all the trimmings. I built it for wave jumping. It works well and is a lot of fun.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Paulk1 I definitely relate when you say you feel like you are going back in time. That is how my whole experience has been since I began searching for something and ready to buy to backing it in and having to beach it while i parked the jeep. My summers 93-99 were spent on the water and when I wasnt on the water I was going over in my head what mod my XP needed going off the info I picked up in personal watercraft illustrated/SPLASH. I still have just about every round of the IJSBA tour taped on vhs including the world finals from 94-97 . Ha, I would write the times and dates down by referring to my grandmothers TV Guide so I could record them. I went from doing a local Tennessee race on a stock xp to getting a sponsor, mechanic, and 2 full mod boats with the plans to hit enough rounds to qualify for expert 785 world finals. Bo Dupriest was helping us and I was riding with Tom Bonnacci. Well hat plan did not happen and the year was a disaster but it wasnt because I wasnt because we werent fast enough. Nothing worked with us only against us but I really believe I would have moved up to pro that next year if we didnt face so many circumstances. Sorry for all the reminiscing but that has been happening alot since deciding to buy a ski. Razorback, so you just painted the stock steering unit it looks like? That is what i was planning to do. I assumed prices on exhaust and other mods I wanted would have gone down since the 90s but no, they havent moved a bit. You mentiobned the riva pipe, there is one on ebay for 500 and it is the dry pipe. I remember the factory pipe ECWI ads with the big chested and big haired blonde with Hotter is faster, Wetter is quicker written above the description of electronically controlled water injection, Anyone remember these? Does the B1 pipe have this? There is a coffmans pipe for 265 on there and I remeber reading it is more for top speed. Would this be worth considering? Yes i want the best performance gains but I am not racing and not trying to put alot of money into this thing. Where can I find a billet throttle? Is the hydro turf material I see people putting around the ski as a bumper a kit or are they just cutting it? I will most likely start a thread with these questions. What ride plate and is the tdr waterbox for slightly modded machines worth looking into if i decide to hold off on exhaust?

Lol love it! Probably 701 industries from throttle. Around ski I believe cutting. The turf is everywhere precut. Those adr cut graphics look pretty cool. I'm a TPE guy thru and thru. So I'd love to see an 1105 get in mine. Keep me posted! Thanks!

To the OP, what's your budget? If money is limitless, you can obviously do anything. If there's a budget, and you want a freestyle boat, start with these:

- Get new handlebars, or at least raise them up with a riser
- D-cut your stock ride plate for waaay more maneuverability.
- Take out the oil bottle and oil pump and premix 50:1
- Get auto bailers, a bilge pump only if you leave it floating overnight
- Aftermarket wet pipe, Riva or Factory
- ADA head (35cc for 91 octane)

I snapped this quick pic of my ride this morning. Taking it for a spin tonight.
blaster.jpg

Could you elaborate on the Auto bailers? Searches weren't bring anything up

Search on Ebay for "versiplug". 701 Industries calls them "Surf Plugs". They replace the bilge plugs and always drain when your ski is moving forward so that your ski never fills with water.

Search on Ebay for "versiplug". 701 Industries calls them "Surf Plugs". They replace the bilge plugs and always drain when your ski is moving forward so that your ski never fills with water.

Nice! I appreciate it, how long can it sit for?

What difficulty level is putting in new heads? I have a generally understanding but by no means a gear head. Anyone have a write up on how to change them out?

Mike W

Infidel
The last B1 I ran a Factory Pipe with a MOD chamber, ADA head with 35cc domes and Scat 12/17. But the Hooker 9/15 prop is what I would run. I also ran a Worx 201 intake and Worx ride plate.

Top Bottom