Just picked up a 93 X2

b.lee

Team Cheeseburger
so 15.5 is the way to go... I'm hunting one down currently

If I installed a high compression head, maybe 175/180 psi, what fuel should I run?

b.lee

Team Cheeseburger
I already run premium, I was curious if even a higher octane fuel is needed?

Also does $90 sound like a good deal for a good condition skat trac 15.5 prop?

I thought a 15.5 was a little too much, 15.0 accellerates better. There are better props that will run smoother like a Solas ka-sc-a or Skat 13-16, 14-17, or 9-17. I would not pay over $75 for any of these old props.

Not that its gonna be very helpful because I've only ridden the thing 3 times, but I've just been running my dirtbike fuel. Which is more or less a 50/50 mix of premium pump gas and Sunoco race gas, mixed 40:1 with Polaris Gold. It seems to run killer. On my dirtbike, if I run straight race gas it seems to run hotter and I have to play with jetting. If I just run premium pump, it runs fine but I do get a bit more out of it with some race fuel mixed in. I've run Sunoco and VP with similar results. I would assume that this would hold true with the ski as well. Also things to consider are whether or not your state oxygenates or puts weird additives or ethanol in fuel like they do here in California. I live right next to the Oregon border so I try and buy fuel in Oregon because they don't put as much crap in the fuel (and its cheaper).

15.5 too much? your nuts dude everything you have said is way off from what everyone else has said from their experiences

Get your self a tachometer, GPS, and five different props. Then get a couple of cylinders with different porting arrangements. Then buy three different pipes. Then spend a few years going through every combination to see what actually works. Buy some extra pistons because you'll be melting them with every big mistake.

Again, sorry to hi-jack yer thread, but I figure this is a good time to ask the stupid newby questions so here goes...

What are these ports for? In case fuel fumes catch fire, the thing doesn't blow up?
P7020060.jpg

Also, I hear that these things are supposed to have adjustable steering. It looks like mine has been modified. Good or bad?
P7020062.jpg

And, Were these added for better traction? Foot straps seem like a better way to go.
P7020063.jpg

i have no clue what our compression is, i will get it checked when i take the ski in to get looked at within the next week or two. I know we have to at least run 50/50 premium/av gas or race fuel. we can fun full av or race though. as soon as i get the compression numbers i'll let you know. i do hate having to run that stuff though! gets kind of expensive.

What are these ports for? In case fuel fumes catch fire, the thing doesn't blow up?
View attachment 128518

So the hood doesnt expload in your face, correct!

Also, I hear that these things are supposed to have adjustable steering. It looks like mine has been modified. Good or bad?
View attachment 128519

Putting a bolt in it is the least you can do to improve that lousy steering- UMI is prob the best you can do

And, Were these added for better traction? Foot straps seem like a better way to go.
View attachment 128520

More likly a dodgy way to join turf together, get some HYDROTURF and dakine foot straps..

b.lee

Team Cheeseburger
Blockoffplate.jpg

What are the yellow rubber plugs in the oil plate block off kit used for?

Rubber caps are to cap the part where to oil goes into the carb after you pull the line from the oil pump off of it.

Top Bottom