Just picked up my first X2, woohoo

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
I have to give a huge thanks to my buddy Mark for helping me work on the X2all afternoon on Sat. We went through the hole thing and cleaned it up a bit and did a couple of things to it. It seems like it is going to be a beast, we fired it up and it cranked right over and sounds awesome, way better then my SX does

Mods that are knows:
  • Drilled steering/handle bars and installed bolts to tighten them up
  • Carb (not sure of size, looks big)
  • K&N filter
  • Westcoast intake grate
  • Westcoast intake manifold
  • PJS head
  • Ran all new fuel lines
  • Drilled waterbox ( I will never do this again, definetly buying aftermarket)
  • Rear of hull chopped and epoxy applied

Need to:
  • Handle bar pad (i like my teeth)
  • Maybe finger throttle
  • Would like ride plate

This winter, if not alot sooner it will get painted Satin White Pearl from the 07' STi's and have a couple Monster Energy logo's put on it, Hydro Turfed, UMI steering, Waterbox and maybe a couple other things if I think of anything.

Here's pics:
DSCN1603.jpg

DSCN1604.jpg

DSCN1605.jpg

DSCN1606.jpg

DSCN1607.jpg

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
We cut off an 1.5in. My buddy said it make a difference when he did his. I didn't ride it not cut. But just looking at it when it's not cut you can see how the hull would definetly block a little bit of the jet out the nozzle.

cattledog

EH TEAM RACING
that carb looks like a 46 mm sbn mikuni carb almost 100 per cent sure, you have some good parts on your x2 , just need a pipe in future and you will have a great setup, my x2 is chopped and i use a d cut ride plate it s real loose in the rear , i love it can toss it around real good, i have tubbies on mine it handles great, its a much different ski than a stock hull

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
Yeah, my friend was telling my I might want to look into a set of tubbies in the future, but ride it like this for a season or two.

I hope to be out on the lake for the holiday weekend.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
It may be a 46, but it looks just like my 44 and I don't know why someone would put a 46 on a 650 with a stock pipe.

carb size

How would you tell what carb size this is?I got two X2s the other day also and I am in the process of making one out of the two.The one that doesnt run has a WestCoast pipe and Aftermarket carb and intake just not shure what size it is how would I tell?

can you take a picture of the stock waterbox? is this an 86? there is a huge difference between the waterbox they made in 86 and all years after. the way the water enters the box from the exhaust exit on the 86 is much quicker and efficient than the years after 86 and produces allows better flow and more horsepower. my friend used to race x2s in the limited class and discovered this advantage and no one on here seems to know or have said anything about it... on his ski a few years back this waterbox gave him 6 additional horsepower on the dyno. for reference this was a 650 with 42mm keihin, high compression head and coffmans stainless pipe. he said this brought his ski from 80 hp to 86 and gave him 3 to 4 mph on the top end as well as trimmed time off his acceleration. i know this is race oriented but it is something new i have never heard someone on the x talk about

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
When my buddy and I pulled the box out to drill it out, he said it was an 86' box. I can try and grab a pic later on today or this weekend.

We pulled the box and drilled about 5 holes in it increasing flow a bunch. The damn thing sounds pretty nasty now too, and picked up a little top end.

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
that's the odd thing, the person that I bought it from is still running the stock pipe. For some reason he did a carb, intake manifold, the head and left the stock pipe and waterbox.

You can drill the holes whatever size you want, but you will need a long ass bit and it's a pain in the balls going through stainless baffles on the inside. We put about 5-6 5/8's through the baffles

Last edited:
I don't think it was an 86 water box, I think 86 has the elbows welded on yours didn't.

I think the ski was a late 86 build because of the hood too. I know 86 hoods were recalled so maybe it was just up graded but it also has the lock gas door. So more or less it's a 87

Last edited:

Flyinbysti

Rad Dudes
What do the welded elbows look like? I think your right, I remember you saying that now when you were looking at it.

This ski runs awesome, I just wish the weather would improve

lol, this ski has all kinda random stuff done to it.

I wonder what pitch prop it's got.

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
that's the odd thing, the person that I bought it from is still running the stock pipe. For some reason he did a carb, intake manifold, the head and left the stock pipe and waterbox.

You can drill the holes whatever size you want, but you will need a long ass bit and it's a pain in the balls going through stainless baffles on the inside. We put about 5-6 5/8's through the baffles

Home depot has a $14 long metal bit that drills EFFORTLESS through the baffles. Like hot knife through butter.

true true, all my skis are drilled stock boxes. I have a bad bones but i have never used it yet, just want to see if it does anything one of these days.

Top Bottom