Just want to say HI to everyone.

OMG! I went out today.... LOL... and, well, it was rainy and ick today here in Orlando... so, I got SO cold I could not hardly ride. But, I went out a little bit and am feeling much more confident on my ski.

I somehow obtained a really nasty bruise on my right lower thigh. Still not sure how THAT happened. I think we are going to go again on Fri and maybe the weather will cooperate a bit more! That is what I am hoping for!

The lake we went to is SUPER nice. I think it is called Lake Orienta. Right off of I4 near 436. You can Google Map it if you want to. :)

All in all, it was a nice time. But can't wait til Friday!

I want to RIP it... as you guys say!

Welcome to the X! :biggrin: If you like the smell of the water, just wait until you get your first sniff of racing exhaust lol...ahhhhhh racing fumes...can't wait for spring again. :cool2:

OMG! I went out today.... LOL... and, well, it was rainy and ick today here in Orlando... so, I got SO cold I could not hardly ride. But, I went out a little bit and am feeling much more confident on my ski.

I somehow obtained a really nasty bruise on my right lower thigh. Still not sure how THAT happened. I think we are going to go again on Fri and maybe the weather will cooperate a bit more! That is what I am hoping for!

The lake we went to is SUPER nice. I think it is called Lake Orienta. Right off of I4 near 436. You can Google Map it if you want to. :)

All in all, it was a nice time. But can't wait til Friday!

I want to RIP it... as you guys say!

yeah... across from the Altamonte Mall...

Ok wsuwrhr, just for you, I have come up with this lovely picture of the bruise on my leg. Please excuse my WHITE skin... LOL. As you can see, I have not been out in the sun much... yet! ;)

For your viewing pleasure...

Uh huh.

this post is worthless without pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 59

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
A good sport even...

I like it.

That isn't a bruise, haha, hardly even considered a fleshwound.

Have your boyfriend kiss it and make it all better.

Battle wounds. Don't worry, you will heal up.

Brian

Ok wsuwrhr, just for you, I have come up with this lovely picture of the bruise on my leg. Please excuse my WHITE skin... LOL. As you can see, I have not been out in the sun much... yet! ;)

For your viewing pleasure...

Last edited:
Ha ha! I know... it really doesn't even hurt. Thanks for mentioning the picture thing. I am going to remember that from now on and include photos of stuff that happens! Woot! :)

My boyfriend already kissed it and made it all better.. and then some! :kiss:

I am looking forward to more battle wounds! Yahooooo!

Hope you all had a great holiday!

I like it.

That isn't a bruise, haha, hardly even considered a fleshwound.

Have your boyfriend kiss it and make it all better.

Battle wounds. Don't worry, you will heal up.

Brian

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
Expect more bruises for sure. Knee bruises, shin bruises, ankle bruises, more thigh bruises, etc etc LOL

I agree on the figure 8s. Very helpful in getting more nimble on the ski. Also, if you can throw out a couple of buoys to run around, they'll increase your comfort level quickly. They're fun too :biggthumpup:

Thanks a bunch! I think I am going out on Tues or Wed again and will practice Figure 8's for sure around some buoys!

:biggrin:

Expect more bruises for sure. Knee bruises, shin bruises, ankle bruises, more thigh bruises, etc etc LOL

I agree on the figure 8s. Very helpful in getting more nimble on the ski. Also, if you can throw out a couple of buoys to run around, they'll increase your comfort level quickly. They're fun too :biggthumpup:

welcome to the sport. we are a group of aged hardcore enthusiasts that ride every saturday on lake disorienta. our group just keep getting larger and louder all the time and it would be a pleasure to include you. we are also blessed with the presence of the one and only fred who can give the best advise. he's been riding forever. come on down.

You got it! Do you like that lake? Have any other suggestions that may be good too?

Thanks!

go to sanford and hit the st. johns river... that's fun. lots of gators to use as buoys....

he he.. j/k....

I ride in the surf here in daytona beach. it's lots of fun and your on the beach not some gross lake... try Ponce Inlet for some salt water fun w/o waves... there are lots of places to ride around here.

Kalwren

650 Conversion Ski
Ack Gators! They still FREAK me out!

I hear they make good jumps though.

Phoenix and I want to hit the salt when we get a bit more experience. Also, we need to get our skis ready for salt water. They're not protected and sealed yet.

I'd love to hit the surf though. Need a bit more experience under my belt. :)

go to sanford and hit the st. johns river... that's fun. lots of gators to use as buoys....

he he.. j/k....

I ride in the surf here in daytona beach. it's lots of fun and your on the beach not some gross lake... try Ponce Inlet for some salt water fun w/o waves... there are lots of places to ride around here.

What Kalwren said is true! A bit more experience we need, yes. And then... :Banane13:

he he.. j/k....

Thanks! :)

I work on Saturdays, but not til 3. So, it should be kewl! What time do you guys/gals start?

welcome to the sport. we are a group of aged hardcore enthusiasts that ride every saturday on lake disorienta. our group just keep getting larger and louder all the time and it would be a pleasure to include you. we are also blessed with the presence of the one and only fred who can give the best advise. he's been riding forever. come on down.

Top Bottom