650/X-2 kawasaki x2 pics

yep it is summer here been going out rideing lots but no one to take pics working on that tho , just got a camera for diveing so hoping to use that for jetski as well .
leg is all good now it was a yeah ago this month , so far ive only managed to dislocate my finger :cheer2:
when you come to new zealand look me up cattle dog and ill take you out on the skis , surf or lake both are 10mins away for me and ive got plenty off skis, you can have my sxr powerd x2 to ride and ive also got a gp800 for mrs cattle dog if she dosent wont to ride a x2. or i can just help show you round and can prob hook you up for some deep sea fishing and scuba diving if you are into any off that

Just saw this thread...NO WORRIES...this MISSES....LOVES THE X2:mischievous:

Last edited:
x-2

Not a jeep mate, Its a mini Moke, drive it most days, but certainly every time I take my ski out!!... not to many old x2's in Aus so bit hard to find parts but glad i finally got 1.. It won’t look so pretty and clean for all too long, I certainly have plans for it!!, NO MOKES IN THE US like skis i seem to hord them?? Heres my shed...

Thanks for posting those pics last year Jonny....

Here are a couple more of them on the stands.

100_2327.jpg

100_2325.jpg

100_2328.jpg

100_2329.jpg

Hoping to have the 750 built for the red one this year. Want to attempt the barrel roll......:crutches:

Not that hard. You just have to make a pattern out of construction board first, and cut the turf wide and long so you can trim it.

Any tips on keeping the turf wrapped around the rail while the glue dries (aside from a whole lot of clamps)? I'm using DAP Weldwood contact cement for application

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Any tips on keeping the turf wrapped around the rail while the glue dries (aside from a whole lot of clamps)? I'm using DAP Weldwood contact cement for application

1)M ake sure you rough the hull up with some 80 grit sandpaper first.

2) Put a coat of DAP on the turf and put a coat on the hull. Let the glue completely dry!

3) Put a second coat of DAP on turf and hull, let it completely dry.

4) Put the turf on the ski. Make sure you have it where you want it because it is stuck as soon as the two touch each other!

5) Pound the turf with a rubber mallet to make sure all the air is out and the turf is stuck.

5) Trim the bond rail excess. You should let the turf hang down and trim it to the hull AFTER you put it on.

Do a search to find my turf job.

1)M ake sure you rough the hull up with some 80 grit sandpaper first.

2) Put a coat of DAP on the turf and put a coat on the hull. Let the glue completely dry!

3) Put a second coat of DAP on turf and hull, let it completely dry.

4) Put the turf on the ski. Make sure you have it where you want it because it is stuck as soon as the two touch each other!

5) Pound the turf with a rubber mallet to make sure all the air is out and the turf is stuck.

5) Trim the bond rail excess. You should let the turf hang down and trim it to the hull AFTER you put it on.

Do a search to find my turf job.

Exactly what he said. But let me re-affirm that you have it where you want it when you put it on cause it WILL stick and the only way your getting it off is to tear it......

Good luck.:fingersx:

Top Bottom