Kawi 1100 B1 Build (pic heavy)

Big thanks to JetManiac! Got most all the parts in and the crank, hull extensions, IPD Graphics and prowatercraft sponsons are on the way. Once I get the crank in, it shouldn't be too long before I have it back on the water. Cylinders went from 80mm to 82mm so it will be an 1125cc now and I got the 82mm domes to match. Using the 12v solas pump & jet dynamics intake grate

Did a little work over the weekend. Got the left hull extension on but will need to do some trimming to the right hull extension for it to fit around the exhaust. Removed the driveshaft from the old pump and built the new 12v Solas pump with new bearings/seals & packed with marine grease. Managed to work out a deal with a friend on a protec nozzle with trim & steering nozzle. Should help out on the holeshot! I'll attach a vid of it working and you can adjust the angle of the nozzle too. I removed the siphon fitting on the nozzle and plugged it since I don't have a stock bilge. Was planning to powdercoat and also get the nozzle bored out so that tube would've been in the way anyways. Used a couple of spacers to get the impeller spaced close but with clearance from the stator veins.

Couple of pics of my boys playing on it. The older one wants to play on it every time he see's it and makes fake "vroom" noises while sqeezing the throttle lever. Just waiting for that one day that I hear the ski startup in the garage banging the rev limiter! Also attached another vid of my oldest one learning how to use the impact drill on the old blown engine. He'll be 2 in a couple of weeks

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

Man, this is just a beautiful Blaster. Totally looks and sounds badass.

Have a proof of your graphics package?

Thank you! I can't wait to get more video of it here soon! Crank gets delivered Wednesday so there's a slight chance I may test ride it this weekend. Here's a proof of my graphics package and if you or anyone need anything from IPD Graphics, use my discount code for 20% off. "RFR-RHH-20". IPD said graphics ship this week so I'll get some pics up of them when I get them on.

Reactions: KMN
Beautiful build! I can't wait to start mine because I just got an 1100 too. I'm going to be using a GP760 mid shaft so I was wondering what couplers did you use?

Beautiful build! I can't wait to start mine because I just got an 1100 too. I'm going to be using a GP760 mid shaft so I was wondering what couplers did you use?

Thanks, I almost went that route with the extreem throttle plates but found a good deal on a used raddudes bed plate. My midshaft is threaded for a stock kawi coupler. I think ADA makes some kawi sized couplers with Yamaha threads.... Not 100% sure but I think I remember seeing something like that when I was planning my build

Ok, had a good weekend with alot of progress. I got the protec nozzle setup powdercoated and got the pump all together and in the ski. Finished up building the engine and got it dropped in, aligned and mounted. Got all the cables & hoses routed and glued down the traction mats. I also went through the carbs again to clean them out and rejet since I went up 2mm in bore. I have an aluminum aftermarket pump shoe which was universal for a few skis. I'll have to cut a couple of slots about 1/8" deep for the intake grate to mount all the way flush but just bolted it up as a quick fix so I could run it this weekend. Put maybe 20mins on it this weekend just getting things broken in and carbs tuned. They are close but running a little rich. Rear sponsons come in today. Front sponsons & IPD Graphics come in Wednesday. Here's some pics and a couple of vids.

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

Top Bottom