kawi 650 ignition to 750 ignition, 900cc stroker

huddleston

THE SUNSHINE STATE
ok so i have a kawi small pin 750 with a 7 mill stroker and i'm gonna run the 650 ignition and light wieght flywheel and i need to know what wires to splice and were to set the timing any help would be appreciated

specs
750 small pin
r.a.d. billit crank 7 mill
81.75 bore
duel 44 mikuni's
exhaust porting
boysen power reeds
group k lightened 650 flywheel
750 sx electrical box
650 factory b pipe

Attachments

• IMAGE_043.jpg
    IMAGE_043.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 59

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
run all 650 electrics with 5mm timing advance and 175psi is considered safe for freestyle with short bursts, be carefull with WOT, don't run lean and watch for deto. and piston wash pattern. (non stroked)

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
From replying to this guy over at PWCT apparently he believes he can run the 750 CDI off of a 650 stator , I am waiting to hear back on this one as I have never seen or heard of it being done before.I personally don't believe there is any way it will work but I will be happy to sell him this fine piece of engineering in the photo below.

Attachments

• sales 044.jpg
    sales 044.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 79
  • sales 045.jpg
    sales 045.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 52
"run all 650 electrics with 5mm timing advance and 175psi "

This is the way to go. If running the 650 flywheel, you have already done the machine work on the cases. I think you may have to drill and tap stator mounting holes though.

"run all 650 electrics with 5mm timing advance and 175psi "

This is the way to go. If running the 650 flywheel, you have already done the machine work on the cases. I think you may have to drill and tap stator mounting holes though.

This is the easiest way to go. Mounting holes are fine. You just have to shave the tabs part that the stator sits in to make it fit. It's just a bit bigger than the 750 stator. Put some 1211 over the edge after you bolt it in just to keep it from moving at all.

Last edited:

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
Terry, why is there a distributor hooked to the front of that motor? doesn't it need to have more cylinders?

the WaTeRhAwK

damn, and I thought WE were rednecks over here. :dunno:

did that come out of a fishing boat conversion? just wondering how they had room for a fuel tank.

Scorn800

Ride for life
Why don't you want to use the 750sx electrics? The 750 stator is much better than the 650 style behind the flywheel. For best preformance use the 04+ 800 sxr electric system with a light weight flywheel.

the WaTeRhAwK

Why don't you want to use the 750sx electrics? The 750 stator is much better than the 650 style behind the flywheel. For best preformance use the 04+ 800 sxr electric system with a light weight flywheel.

a 650 flywheel is lighter than a lightweight 750 wheel, isn't it?

Last edited:

huddleston

THE SUNSHINE STATE
thanx guys for the help i just went with the 750 electro for now, and the reason i wanted to use the 650 stator is cuz it has been lightened by group k so it's about half the weight of the 750 stator and it's easier to adjust the timing, but like i said thanx guys for the help

the WaTeRhAwK

scorn is right about using the 750 electrics and it having a better timing curve, and also you would be better off using them with that setup for a rev limiter.

650 electrics don't have one, that's also what's bad about using a 650 voltage regulator in a 440/550 e-box on conversion skis. when you put a big motor in with those electrics, that engine can try to get away from you real quick. same thing with brainless total loss setups, and even worse because the engine will rev even quicker. you have to run extremely "cold" plugs and watch your deto when you're advancing the timing for low end, because they will diesel real easy.

Top Bottom