Kawi 750/800 pump seal?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Ive only had 650 pumps. Only taken 750s apart to put into 650 hulls. I was mocking up a conversiond for a 750 pump in my x2 and was thing about the pump seal. Its not round. The 750 shoes are flat on the back. Does this just leave a gap between the shoe and the pump? It seams like the seal would only make contact with the square base of the pump shoe and a gap at the top rounded part of the shoe. Is this correct? Does that not affect the flow?

abeec54c6629d3ff37240fe08bfc1ff3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 750 pump shoe wont fit 650 hulls very well. I tried to fit one. Also 750 pumps set aft more than 650s requiring some custom impeller spacing and/or shaft mods. Really a PIFA for no gain.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
The 750 pump shoe wont fit 650 hulls very well. I tried to fit one. Also 750 pumps set aft more than 650s requiring some custom impeller spacing and/or shaft mods. Really a PIFA for no gain.

Im just trying to find about how the pump seals. It would seem that the seal covers the hull and the base of the shoe, but doesnt make contact with the lower half of the circle. It would seem to me that this would leave a gap the thickness of the seal between the shoe and the lower half of the pump. It probably wouldnt cavitate from this crack, but the gap wouldnt be very efficient I would think.

Here is a picture. It would seem to me that the surfaces of the shoe and the pump wouldn't mate by the thickness of the seals in this area. I don't have an OEM pump shoe handy anymore so are the surfaces not as flat as I thought they were or is there a gap?

SXR pump seal question copy.jpg
solas-magnum-pump-kawasaki-sxr-large.jpg

Here's a conversion. Looks flat.

P1310001.jpg

Top Bottom