Kawidoo Freeride???

951 would go nice in a 70lb trinity hull . All engine bolts changed to titanium , Tl flywheel setup . Biggest problem with these kawidoos seems to be noise control . Loud skis are not cool , and the less pissed off fishermen etc the less likely skis will be banned on your local lake .Ski needs through hull muffler as well as waterbox . Someone needs to come up with a waterbox for these and get them out there . I also think a well built 787 would make a nice ride in a light hull . Maybe a groupk hammer setup with some novis / factory pipe / and of course a mag pump.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Well, there is a new Dasa/Lamey Cyllinder for the Kawi now. Maybe I'll go with that. But only if it adds some serious CCs and they make a crank that can actually handle it. Stock Kawi cranks cannot.

As far as running the 787 or a 66E...I don't really see the point. I'm already at close to 800cc. Why do all those mods for the same displacement and a slight gain in HP?

If the intake issue can be taken care of, I still think the 951 will be the ultimate STOCK freeride motor.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Why you ask, because a 787 is 110 hp bone stock,a 951 is 130 hp bone stock,a Kawi 800 can't touch those numbers without serious mods and race gas and even then its a ticking time bomb.

WFO Speedracer

Screw Seadoo...Dasa/Lamey is making a 1000cc cyllinder and Crankworks is making a stroker crank....That'll be plenty.

I would love to see the total price tag on that engine ,I have a saying ,it goes something like this.

Those that can do,those that can't pay someone else to do it for them.

Screw that expensive BS:smashfreakB:

Last edited:

ski4

gonzo
i think an 787 would be a blast in a stand up

the power delivery , in stock form is just great, with a pipe and head, it's reliable and FAST

best motor from sea doo , no doubt

Hi guys have some cool news im getting it this week will post pics,speed,mods when i get it but thats not it... My fiberglass & cf guy can make me a hull for $3000 which is nothing maybe it will be paper thin but then i can break it and make it stronger where needed! Spoke to Motz a while ago and he shook his head said that a stock hull holds up grreat in the surf... you should see Motz 180 its MASSIVE, now a quick question for you guys that know is the trinity a exact sxr copy? im thinking of building my own hull x2/sj mixed bottum with a dropped and lowered sxr top with the fs1 rickter round nose? would that work I can basically do what I want but it will yes take a few moinths ;< :fing02:

Making your own hull shouldnt be that hard if you have all the stuff you need and already have a design or mold. Now making a good hull is a bit more difficult. Building your own hull would be cool as hell if it works out good though. I say go for it

WFO Speedracer

Hi guys have some cool news im getting it this week will post pics,speed,mods when i get it but thats not it... My fiberglass & cf guy can make me a hull for $3000 which is nothing maybe it will be paper thin but then i can break it and make it stronger where needed! Spoke to Motz a while ago and he shook his head said that a stock hull holds up grreat in the surf... you should see Motz 180 its MASSIVE, now a quick question for you guys that know is the trinity a exact sxr copy? im thinking of building my own hull x2/sj mixed bottum with a dropped and lowered sxr top with the fs1 rickter round nose? would that work I can basically do what I want but it will yes take a few moinths ;< :fing02:

Look closely at my avatar ,that started life as a 650SX,anything can be done with fiberglass-cf and resin,all you need are time patience and some skill.

Look closely at my avatar ,that started life as a 650SX,anything can be done with fiberglass-cf and resin,all you need are time patience and some skill.

Wow speed racer I actually thought you had a sj converted to the freeride mmachine of yours:nutkick: the thing is im way over here in south africa so getting a amp hull is almost 3 times more $$$ than what i could pay to build my own, I love the handling of the sj! I love the sxr look! now the nose of the rickter made me think of the x2 hull nose might look sick might look crap:cool2: but it will be mine lol :arms:

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
I copied it from a stock sxr hull I trued.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I would love to see the total price tag on that engine ,I have a saying ,it goes something like this.

Those that can do,those that can't pay someone else to do it for them.

Screw that expensive BS:smashfreakB:

Terry, the difference is the fact that DJ needs a whole lot more power than any of the motors you are running. Your riding style does not require a higher HP motor like most of us use. (this is not a dig by any way)

A 951 really is not an answer for him. Everything has its place. 951 is great for GP Class racing in a SXR or a Hydrospace.

WFO Speedracer

Terry, the difference is the fact that DJ needs a whole lot more power than any of the motors you are running. Your riding style does not require a higher HP motor like most of us use. (this is not a dig by any way)

A 951 really is not an answer for him. Everything has its place. 951 is great for GP Class racing in a SXR or a Hydrospace.

No offense taken,I am just an old mofo thats been around for a while.That being said I have enough sense to know not to get seriously hurt trying to pull off a new trick,its all about risk and consequenses.Never gamble more than you can afford to lose.I have never had a seriously fast boat,but that will all end very soon,I would say 130-140 hp would be a good conservative estimate ,it probably won't change my riding style too much but I am in it to have fun,I find I can no longer have fun on a slow boat,if its not fun anymore then why do it at all?

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
This year, I am sure that taking 70+ pounds off of my ski with the Trinity hull will be a HUGE power increase. I allready have an 800 with a lightened flywheel and a Factory Wet pipe. It rips right now...and I'm sure will really rip with the new hull. I'll worry bout more brap next year...

I am jonesing to get back in the water. Our riding season started a week or two ago...

Last edited:
Top Bottom