Blaster keep breaking/blowing exhaust coupler

I have Factory pipe with limited chamber. I keep having to replace the coupler between the ltd chamber and stinger. I am not sure if it is from bouncing around (I only have the gas tank lord mount), or if it is from overheating (previous owner relocated cooling nipple on chamber to stinger). If anyone has any thoughts on this I would really appreaciate your input. Thanks.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
If the water is injected after that coupler but was designed to be injected just before it then it will definitely cause the coupler to fail faster. Put it back the way it was

From what I have read they were manufactured like this at some point. Or maybe the previous owner did this... I don't have much experience welding I suppose I could take it to a shop. Should I take to a professional welder or is this something ur avg mechanic could handle?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Go with a welder who is experienced that sheet metal is thin in chambers and can be burned through very easy. Spend the money and be done with it.

how hot is the chamber getting? why dont you try to open your headpipe screws some more. is the cuppler ripping or melting?

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
Had the same issues with my sx for a while, it was a combination of heat&vibration. After fixing the mount making sure the pipe could not move AT ALL along with a re-tune and new nice coupler and tclamps was it all better.

Oh and you cannot use those plumbing couplers because I tried those as well

Chamber temperature just as it should be- sizzling. However stinger seems to be hotter. Water screws are set as described by factory pipe. 1 of the water screws is frozen so I opted to leave it the way it is. I now believe the coupler is actually breaking from vibration and bouncing around . The first coupler was from factory. The second blown coupler was 1 purchased through a turbo and blower supply store online. Which you are right is it does not seem to hold up near as well. After Sustaining High temperatures I often have to go back and tighten clamps around coupler a little more. Initially my single lord mount was adjusted to give a little with some play as fpp suggested. I have since tightened it down pretty tight w/o any play, so far so good.

From here I want to get a quality coupler from factory and tighten lord mount to secure pipe best it can. If the problem persists I'll start looking for a welder. Thank you for sharing your thoughts I'll post back if it holds or not.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I had the same issue (no water nipple in chamber pipe, just stinger pipe), I drilled a hole at the end of the chamber just before the coupler. Bought some 3/8 stainless tube from Ace hardware, cut off a 2" piece and JB welded it in place. Drill the hole slightly smaller than the tube, then ream a little at a time till the tube fits in tight, angle it a little towards the coupler then apply the JB weld. Let it set for a couple days, then your good to go. Been riding mine a couple times a week for 4 months, no cracks or leaks. And make sure the camber and the stinger are tight together before you tighten the coupler, any gap at all will destroy the coupler.

Last edited:
Top Bottom