Krash foot rocket

Let start this off with a little back story. I started riding on a 90 sn sj. Rode that for two years. Did a bunch of mods. Sold that to get my 14 rn sj. I have had that for about two years now. Today a 2017 krash foot rocket followed me home. Just the bare hull and pole. I could not say no to the price.
I will also post pictures in the morning.
Anyways I’m going to be looking for a few tips as I have never did things like install a pump shoe and so on.
My goal with this build is to have a reliable boat chaser that can backflip off a boat wake.
I have two 61x motors a b pipe. A brand new 144mm hooker 9/15 prop
Cats trim 144mm
Other odds and ends.
A big question I have is. Am I waisting my money on the 144 pump? Should I get a stock 155 setup?

Roseand

Ready to RIP
Site Supporter
Let start this off with a little back story. I started riding on a 90 sn sj. Rode that for two years. Did a bunch of mods. Sold that to get my 14 rn sj. I have had that for about two years now. Today a 2017 krash foot rocket followed me home. Just the bare hull and pole. I could not say no to the price.
I will also post pictures in the morning.
Anyways I’m going to be looking for a few tips as I have never did things like install a pump shoe and so on.
My goal with this build is to have a reliable boat chaser that can backflip off a boat wake.
I have two 61x motors a b pipe. A brand new 144mm hooker 9/15 prop
Cats trim 144mm
Other odds and ends.
A big question I have is. Am I waisting my money on the 144 pump? Should I get a stock 155 setup?
Hard to beat a Solas 144 for the price and ease. Changing the pump shoe for a 155 can be a pain in the ass. Also your hull might not have a large enough intake tunnel to justify the 155 shoe.

Very low pitch 155 impellers are more difficult to find. You have a good chance of finding 144 stuff that will work good without needing modifications.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Big pumps need big motors to push them , they put 155 pumps behind 701 62t motors in the XL 700 sit downs , the Waveventure 700's performed much better , same deal on the Seadoos GTI's 720 engine, 155 pump , really slow underpowered ski that ran at best 45MPH , The older GTI's with the 140 pumps ran a good solid 50mph.

So this is what I’m starting with! She is a little rough. But I’m ok with that. As this is my first am ski and I’m still learning. I won’t be scared to scratch it this way.
Im very happy to hear everyone say 144 mag pump will do what I want.
Next question what do I do about a mid shaft. Looks like I have half of a fancy mid shaft. Check out the photos.I also have a mid shaft out of a vrx pro. I’m sure I can take it to a machine shop and have them cut it down. Is there a specific krash midshaft length?
IMG_1715.jpegIMG_1716.jpegIMG_1717.jpegIMG_1718.jpegIMG_1727.jpeg

Ok so I had some time today and dropped in my 701. Would you believe it just bolted right in. It also looks like one of the mid shafts I have is going to work without any cutting at all.IMG_1737.jpegIMG_1739.jpeg

Took the motor apart the other day. Not what I was expecting. Kinda hard to believe I could turn the motor over so easily by hand.
The piston is scored. the cylinder then has a scratch that catches your finger nail hard.
Looks like a full rebuild is needed. I didn’t take any pictures as I was not happy. I am in the process of making an order with jetmaniac. I have added a few extra goods in my order.
Stay tuned.

Thanks blapper doodle
Got to working on my ski this weekend. Both my midshafts are garbage…
If you look at the original krash housing the rubber is starting to separate.
That had me cleaning the stock midshaft I have. When I was cleaning that I noticed a lot. I mean a lot of small cracks in the rubber.

A little update made a Black Friday order from JM :)
Just a few small goodies.
Bought a pump form a fellow member on the X. Just waiting to pick it up..
I have taken to pole off the ski. Flipped the hull over. Now I’m in the process of cleaning up all the silicone off. so I can get it ready for my new push industry’s pump shoe.
Anyone have a trick for removing old silicone??
When scraping the tunnel on the right side I found a hole with a home made silicone plug. Not sure how long that would have lasted.
I dug that stuff out. The foam is dry!
Any idea what that hole is for?

Attachments

• IMG_1850.jpeg
    IMG_1850.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1851.jpeg
    IMG_1851.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 33
Post a pic. Maybe a hole for an old scupper?
Here’s the best picture I can get. I still have a little clean up to do before I install the pump shoe. But if I need to fibreglass this hole then it’s best I don’t have the shoe in right now.
Looks like it might have had a tube or something running to the inside?

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1872.jpeg
    IMG_1872.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 24

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Here’s the best picture I can get. I still have a little clean up to do before I install the pump shoe. But if I need to fibreglass this hole then it’s best I don’t have the shoe in right now.
Looks like it might have had a tube or something running to the inside
Have no idea, but l would lay a blob of thickened epoxy with glass strands in the hole ( peanut butter thickness) and then cover with some layers of 5 oz glass to finish. Do that all at other same time!

So today I pulled out a stock cats setup I had bought a few years back. Originally I was going to put it on the sj. After reading a few posts from others I wasn’t going to gain much. So anyways it sat on a shelf. Well I pulled it down. And just my luck. I bought a 155 trim dammm.

Attachments

• IMG_1847.jpeg
    IMG_1847.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1849.jpeg
    IMG_1849.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1846.jpeg
    IMG_1846.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 20
It was actually above freezing today in Canada! And having spent all my money on my JM order.
I was searching the garage and looking for more parts and or ways to save money on this build. It is Christmas time and my two little boys need some Christmas gifts. I mite have found a little treat.
Now I no nothing about reeds. Look at what I have found! All I know is there not stock.
Maybe someone can help me out. Do I run them? If I did do I need to rejet? Is there a lifespan. The stock ones are stainless and this looks like a very thin yellow Fiberglass??

Attachments

• IMG_1897.jpeg
    IMG_1897.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1896.jpeg
    IMG_1896.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1895.jpeg
    IMG_1895.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1894.jpeg
    IMG_1894.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 30
I’m down in florida visiting my parents in sunrise. Anyways good question I have is. Is there like a jet ski scrap yard somewhere. I’m sure I could find something to buy. More looking for a deal on a 144 trim setup. Sj gas tank rn waterbox and exhaust tube.
Also a sj midshaft setup.

It’s been a few weeks but here’s a quick update. While I was in Florida I bought a raider for dirt cheap. Borrowed my dad’s socket set ripped out the motor and jet drive. Brought that home with us in the back of rav4.
Now I’m thinking of using the 62t classes and duel 38s I already have the jets for this setup. I originally was going to put my bpipe on sj.
I installed the pump shoe I got from JM!
Took me all weekend. Only could work a few hours here and there.
Still have the trim the caulk. But I’m very pleased with alignment.

Attachments

• IMG_2046.jpeg
    IMG_2046.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2032.jpeg
    IMG_2032.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 15
First of I must say ignore the alinement. I just threw it all together to check if stuff fits.
And long behold I have a problem!! :$
It appears the drive shaft is too long. 08 plus’s shaft is 2 inches longer then needed.
I will take it apart this weekend to get a good measurement.

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpeg
    IMG_2159.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2163.jpeg
    IMG_2163.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2124.jpeg
    IMG_2124.jpeg