Surfriding Krash Industries Foot Rocket (Insane footage in the surf!)

Here’s a few fun facts<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
This was Nicks second ride on the Footrocket and first time in the surf. <o:p></o:p>
He was out there for less than 15 minutes yet still managed to get enough footage for the short vid<o:p></o:p>
The footrocket has a bolt on tail section so it can be set up any length you like from super short (as ridden in this vid as he had a flat water show to get to about an hour after this ride) or nice and long for big surf.

It also has removable tubbies avaliable in different wieghts

Nicks first comment to me after riding in the surf was " I landed tricks today in average conditions that I have never been able to do on any other hull even in good surf"<o:p></o:p>
This ski is basically a prototype to see what the footrocket (which was primarily designed for flat water) would be like in the surf.<o:p></o:p>
He will be testing different tubbies, ride plate and fin combos over the next few weeks <o:p></o:p>
The footrocket has a revolutionary rocker/curve right though the hull, inspired from surfing roots<o:p></o:p>
So far we have found the hull to be very neutral and easy to ride, even given its small size
Expect to see a lot more of these hulls in the near future<o:p></o:p>

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
<o:p></o:p>
This was Nicks second ride on the Footrocket and first time in the surf. <o:p></o:p>
He was out there for less than 15 minutes yet still managed to get enough footage for the short vid<o:p></o:p>
The footrocket has a bolt on tail section so it can be set up any length you like from super short (as ridden in this vid as he had a flat water show to get to about an hour after this ride) or nice and long for big surf.

It also has removable tubbies avaliable in different wieghts

Nicks first comment to me after riding in the surf was " I landed tricks today in average conditions that I have never been able to do on any other hull even in good surf"<o:p></o:p>
This ski is basically a prototype to see what the footrocket (which was primarily designed for flat water) would be like in the surf.<o:p></o:p>
He will be testing different tubbies, ride plate and fin combos over the next few weeks <o:p></o:p>
The footrocket has a revolutionary rocker/curve right though the hull, inspired from surfing roots<o:p></o:p>
So far we have found the hull to be very neutral and easy to ride, even given its small size
Expect to see a lot more of these hulls in the near future<o:p></o:p>

Awesome, I love to see all of the progression in our sport. Obviously, you can flip, etc. with a 650 superjet in the right conditions, but the a/m hulls are really exciting especially since yamaha wont be making superjets much longer.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
This was Nicks first time in the surf. <o:p></o:p>
humm?

J

jetski700

I didn't actually see any tricks landed. I saw alot attempted and attempted well but how many actually got rode away from.
I think the hull has been shortened to much because he normally lands his tricks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
There was one landed but tail stand and spin around to get going ...this is a great looking ski and well done to nic for making it ....there will be guys who ride in small surf who dont mind not landing tricks or tail standing all the time, I would assume in smaller surf you may land some....just simple maths really the shorter the hulls in the surf the harder they are to ride XFS and XFR proves this...the longer bolt on ride plate may help this and seems to be a great idea ....mind if i steel that idea nic for my FPX :) (its been done before eme use them ect ect )

I like the video very cool editing showing the strengths of the ski and makes it look very professional, A longer ride plate will only do so much as the longer rails will also help handling and stability and help keep the rear up when landing trick, seems we have haters and lovers of short hulls in the surf ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biqaYF_5FUg

nic on the orange boat XFT short hull came second to piere so he has been doing spins for years :)

Its good to have new hulls

I didn't actually see any tricks landed. I saw alot attempted and attempted well but how many actually got rode away from.
I think the hull has been shortened to much because he normally lands his tricks.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
.the longer bolt on ride plate may help this and seems to be a great idea ....mind if i steel that idea nic for my FPX :) (its been done before eme use them ect ect )

no ect ect. emes is not the same at all.

its like Light-Weights design that Norbert came up with.

wydopen

onthepipe
If anybody thinks this sport is progressing they need to watch a video of joe Kenny circa 2001. Br reentries, double barrel rolls, 30ft backflips and powerful stylish surf riding..no matter what ski your riding it dosnt replace skill and wave knowledge

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
That was a great vid, but I'm very skeptical, and I'm not trying to be negative here, it's just that after trying a BOB in the surf it left me with a pretty bad impression towards short skis (Sorry Ski Clinic)

It was a flat water hull that some people use for surf.. its not for everyone, and we understand that.

After watching that video, I think I need to get myself a surf ski...

JamesG

Site Supporter

lol the very first trick was landed... :dunce:

my take...looks like a great ski, and ridden by a great rider

it definatly rides nose high (just like all the short a/m flatwater skis do XFR/badass/Lenzi/carbon F1pro)..gives you that "climbing a ladder" feel when you board it...but once on plane rides fantastic

I'd like to see a vid of an average rider out in the same conditions........pros make everything look good!

Ive been lusting over the other Krash hull thats been floating around this area for the past few months........Hope to put some time one 1 soon!

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
no ect ect. emes is not the same at all.

its like Light-Weights design that Norbert came up with.

yeah thats where i have seen the same thing ....the boys from the Blow ski did the same bit of heat between the two as they come from the same city LOL.......zack do you have 2 ride plates or do you just run the longer one as i cant see u doing to much flat water stuff ...u could be the dark haired lenzi hahaha

wydopen

onthepipe
my take...looks like a great ski, and ridden by a great rider

it definatly rides nose high (just like all the short a/m flatwater skis do XFR/badass/Lenzi/carbon F1pro)..gives you that "climbing a ladder" feel when you board it...but once on plane rides fantastic

I'd like to see a vid of an average rider out in the same conditions........pros make everything look good!

Ive been lusting over the other Krash hull thats been floating around this area for the past few months........Hope to put some time one 1 soon!

sorry i cant resist...

hydrodynamics-1.jpg

Top Bottom