LAke Erie was gona eat my ski

Diessel

x-H2O
well i was out yesterday on the lake with some killer surf like 5 footers, doing my jumping waves spining around trying to do a nose stab etc... anyways i jumped a wave lande kind off sideweays, didnt think off it much at the time but after like 3 min my ski seemed heavier and leaning on one side. i start to had back to shore and probly about 30 35 feet away my engine make wird noise and stops try to restart and it wont budge GReat i started swiming it to the shore and about 20 25 feet away my nose takes a dive:bigeyes: :bigeyes: . started pulling it harder and luckly the waves kept pushing me to shore and when comletly under it hit the bottom wich was 3 feet. thank god. pulled to shore took hood off and engine bay was filled completly, i empty out and start hiiting the start. it move it cleck but it wouldnt start. let it sit about a min ( busy cursing that i never instaled a bilge pump) after like another 7 -8 cranks it starts up sounds ok response is good.put hood back on ride next to shore a litle come back open hood and no water in there so decided to give it :woot: and hit it as hard as i could to heat up the engine. got to ramps got it in truck( thanks DJ and MADMATT for the hand) and went home.

Now my question is should i do anything to the engine (somebody told me to take plugs out hit start spray some sea foam in there and hit start again wht do yalll think) thanks in advance for any help

well i was out yesterday on the lake with some killer surf like 5 footers, doing my jumping waves spining around trying to do a nose stab etc... anyways i jumped a wave lande kind off sideweays, didnt think off it much at the time but after like 3 min my ski seemed heavier and leaning on one side. i start to had back to shore and probly about 30 35 feet away my engine make wird noise and stops try to restart and it wont budge GReat i started swiming it to the shore and about 20 25 feet away my nose takes a dive:bigeyes: :bigeyes: . started pulling it harder and luckly the waves kept pushing me to shore and when comletly under it hit the bottom wich was 3 feet. thank god. pulled to shore took hood off and engine bay was filled completly, i empty out and start hiiting the start. it move it cleck but it wouldnt start. let it sit about a min ( busy cursing that i never instaled a bilge pump) after like another 7 -8 cranks it starts up sounds ok response is good.put hood back on ride next to shore a litle come back open hood and no water in there so decided to give it :woot: and hit it as hard as i could to heat up the engine. got to ramps got it in truck( thanks DJ and MADMATT for the hand) and went home.

Now my question is should i do anything to the engine (somebody told me to take plugs out hit start spray some sea foam in there and hit start again wht do yalll think) thanks in advance for any help[/quote]

ride ride ride...at least 30 mins, you need to get that engine heated up and burn off/blow out any residual water....
]
then install bilge pumps and a scupper if youre going to be trying freestyle moves..

next time, if all you hear is "click" with a 'jolt' that you can feel, it means your engine has water in it. dont try to hit start w/o taking the sparkplugs out and grounding them. just ask grifnasty.

Get new plugs now too even though they are working. I would go witht the 1100gph bilge because they are the same size as a 500. Use 5200 quick cure to glue it the bottom and order the larger pisser fitting and larger bilge hose from Ziggler. The hose and pisser for the 1100 are 1 1/8".

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
yeah... take plugs out even if you dont think water is in there...
it prevents this:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_3883.JPG
    IMG_3883.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 86

Diessel

x-H2O
cool guys thanks for fast reply.

i did ride the hell out of it for 20 min or so started up ok this mornig but first attempt sounded like a missfire a loud BOOM out of the exaust made my dad jump, but other than that it stars up better than before

Dj do you have a link where i could get one or just shop around to find the best deal.

Thanks again fellas.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Do a google search and type in: Rule Mate 750
It will come up at a boat store somewhere. I don't know anywhere local. You will need a bilge fitting too and some hose.

You'll be happy you got it:woot:

Diessel

x-H2O
Done:woot: :woot:
just ordered 1100 automatic $65 + 10 S/H should have it around next week.

thanks for the help
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: owe u guys:beerchug:

ANT

Just ride
If you run the auto bilge I would still disconnect it after your done riding because they're suppose to cycle every 20 seconds and if your ski sits for a lttle it might run the battery down a little.

Hopefully he got the fully auto one that has its own float sensor built in. The 20 secoond ones suck because that mean you can be full of water for 20 seconds before it even kicks on.

ski4

gonzo
the rule mate has a float switch will not drain on the battery unless it gets an internal short
the pwc rule pump cycles every 20 sec. i have a rule mate i'll sell ya for 25 bux sitting here just took it out of my ski has less than a season on it

i like the sensing ones myself, have used them in the past and never had trouble. you can switch it if you want. i actually jsut replaced my rule mate with one 2 weeks ago

Diessel

x-H2O
I did ordered the rule-mate 1100 automatic. i would have gladly taken that off your hand for 25 bucks but its too late now mine its on its way and dont realy know wich brand is best but if DJ Korn trust his in his ski than that means its a very good pump for me. now i am just trying to find a pisser but the biggest i've found was 3/4 is there any bigger than that

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Mine pumps like a garden hose. It sprays about 5 feet away from my ski. Unbelieveable amount of water comes out as soon as it comes in. Killer pump and super reliable.

I am not sure where you will find a fitting that big. I ran mine into a 3/4 inch fitting by getting a reducer to make the hose smaller.

ski4

gonzo
go to boat u.s. they have all kinds of thru hulls, they are on st clair
actually west marine bought them out
or boaters world by mentor or great northern

the rule mate don't fit so good in a superjet unless you put it between the motor and the gas tank, i had to mount it super high and did not like the idea of 3 inches of water sloshing around in my ski, and the 1100 is even bigger than the 750 i had, they work great but just too big and oblong

Last edited:
Top Bottom