Super Jet Leaking ebox.. wonderful.

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
Had issues with my ski a while back, one of them was water in the ebox. After drying everything and changing out a few things it ran incredibly.

Ski ran great for about 2-3 weeks, until last week. I took it out and the thing ran like crap, basically not giving me any power when I'd stomp the throttle. Took the fuse cap off of the ebox and I had water in it again.

Took the ebox apart this morning, put a fan on it, let it dry for an hour, and took it to the lake. Ran like crap of course, obviously didn't give it enough drying time but it was a now or never situation.

My question is what causes the ski to run this way when moisture is caught up in the ebox? I am just trying to understand the problem better and my only guesses are that the temp sensor (which is disconnected in the ebox) is going crazy due to moisture and limits the rpm and/or the moisture on the coil causes the spark to not get hot enough or slows the response of it causing the engine to run at idle, but bog at mid-high throttle. And yes, it is an MSD ignition coil. Didn't have the cash or time to replace it since my last thread but it will soon be changed.

Calling JSS in the morning to see what the turn around time frame would be/cost. Thanks for any advice.

Only thing water ever did to mine so far was eat the relay contacts. FAST. Everything else is sealed pretty well.

I grease both sides of the rubber seal, and thats worked for me since. Ive heard of people converting to hex head nuts instead of the screws, so they can get a better clamp going on. If I have issues again thats the route im gonna go.

ust my input

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
That I haven't, going to do that tomorrow morning. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll post up what I find tomorrow morning.

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
Compression test passed with ~175 PSI each cylinder. I have spark in both wires.

Just call JSS today and I am basically all set up to send it out. I'm just thinking, should I get rid of the MSD and send him my old stock ignition coil and have him re-do it for $55, reinstall, seal as best I can, and see what happens OR do I just send him my entire unit for $320 and have it all reworked and sealed professionally. Money is kind of tight but I am not wanting to cheap out whatsoever.

What do you guys think?

Sorry, no pics. It is all pretty clean. Fresh water riding has it's perks :biggthumpup:

Last edited:

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
It depends what you want at the end of the day, if your just going to be a rec rider then advance your timing and throw your stock ecu back in, if you have spark and your compression is good bets are it's your brain or your getting water in your carbs, if your consistently going to upgrade get a TL

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Well it sounds to me letting JSS do the work one time with price of $320 and then your done messing with it .doesn't sound like a bad option .but its hard to say .

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
I hear you, I'm just stumped. I had it dialed in perfectly. Then out of the blue it runs like :):):):), and water in the Ebox is what I found. I'll be sticking with the bored 701 for a while, just want it as tightly built as possible.

I don't know how I could be getting water in the carbs unless there is water in my gas tank. Hmmmm, I'm not running a water separator after all... Think that could be it? I can't think of anything else.

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
Also, just to note - when I hammer the throttle it bogs like crazy. But if I ease into it I can get it to run full out (or at least close to). That and it sounds a bit more bubbly. I have the temp sensor disconnected as well since I'm running an ADA head. The wire for that is just loose and taped in the box. No idea if it would cause these types of problems nor what people do for deleting this sensor.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Your going to pay JSS to go thru your electronics and your going to have to pay to replace what ever isn't working anyways ie the brain so now your bill is in the 600-800 range depending on what you go with, once I had a pin hold in a cooling line that sprayed right into the carbs took me forever to find! My advice fight with it find the problem fix it and ride. Another issue it could be is you may have developed an exhaust leak, take your ski for a spin with the hood off, if it runs fine there is your problem, also delete that dam fuse in your ebox

Edit just read your last post it's gotta be exhaust

Last edited:

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Start with the easy stuff ,siphon the gas out of the tank ,water in the tank can fool you into thinking that it might be electrics that are the prob.make sure you get all the gas out especially whats on the very bottom.if it is electrics it might be more apt to either work or not work at all.check your ground.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
According to post #16 if you sensor is properly deleted I would be surprised if its not your exhaust take a rip with your hood off and hawg on the throttle my bet is that's your problem

Top Bottom