Super Jet Leaking ebox.. wonderful.

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
When I first bought the ski it was basically in pieces. The guy told me that the waterbox needed to be replaced, but I looked at it and all I could see that it needed was a few rivets because some had broken out. Riveted it up and put it in. Like I said, it ran great now this so I am thinking this isn't it.

Definitely agree with the thinking that if somethings wrong with the ebox it is more prone to failing completely. Although I've heard that MSD coils can do crazy things. Everything else in the ebox is new including the brain.

I really am not sure if it is an exhaust leak. Wouldn't there be a bit of smoke coming from underneath the hood when I take it off after running it? What sounds more like it to me would be the constant spraying of water into the carb or cylinder, possibly from some type of leak somewhere. But with water in the ebox like that I can't see it being anything else. When I tore it apart earlier there was water in it yet again. It is apart now, going to leave it apart for a few days to air out. I'm thinking that it would be best to try to air it out as best as possible, put it back together, empty the gas tank and refill to make sure there is now water, and get on the lake to test it out. If so at least then I'll be able to look at it while its running, although I can always hook it to the hose first before making the trip.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
When I first bought the ski it was basically in pieces. The guy told me that the waterbox needed to be replaced, but I looked at it and all I could see that it needed was a few rivets because some had broken out. Riveted it up and put it in. Like I said, it ran great now this so I am thinking this isn't it.

I really am not sure if it is an exhaust leak. Wouldn't there be a bit of smoke coming from underneath the hood when I take it off after running it?
No, Take the darn ski for a ride with the hood of.... it really doesnt get any easier then that, if im wrong you will still have the issue with the hood off, when you find me to be correct your ski will run fine with the hood off

your post if proof you have a suspect exhaust system just do it dammit lol

Top Bottom