Lets hear some ideas on what color to paint motors!!

Color combinations for paiting the engine

• Yellow bottom, Black cylinder, black/silver carbs

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • yellow bottom, yellow cylinder, black/silver carbs

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Red bottom, black cylinder, black/silver carbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red bottom , red cylinder, black/silver carbs

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Black bottom, red cylinder, black/silver carbs

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Black bottom, yellow cylinder, black/silver carbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver bottom, Black cylinder, Black/silver carbs

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Silver bottom, Silver cylinder, Black carb

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • OTHER (reply with your idea)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Some fairy colors like neon greens with some purples and yellows..

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
I pulled my engine and it was painted all dark gray after it was completely rebuild, but a crappy job was done on it, and since im rebuilding the top end on it and there are some rusty areas i figured why not clean it up and give it a fresh paint job!!

Here is what ill have that will not be painted. ADA Girdled head, and factory B mod pipe wich i will polish. The hull is carbon fiber on the sides and bottom was black jell coated.

Posted picture of my hull and my engine pulled and a few nice engines i seen here on the site.

post some pictures of some nice painted motors if you have some, or throw out some ideas, all suggestions are welcome.

i was thinking Yellow bottom end, Black top end, black carbs. Or Black bottom end with red or yellow head, and black carbs. or Yellow bottom, black top end and silver carbs. etc etc... i want something brighter in there because of the black hull, and i dont want to repaint hull cuz it looks nice as long as the engine stands out and brightens up the hull, makes it easier to look for missing bolts and sockets!

emptyhull.jpg

DSC02538.jpg

yellow701engine.jpg

superjet2007007.jpg

61xlimited003.jpg

Last edited:
Im going to paint mine marbilized white over black pearl. well see how it comes out.

i dont get it, so what color is that? u got pics of this color?

heres mine

if i do red id would go with the darker red and probably silver or black cylinders, i like the battery in the center idea first time i see it, my ski has a heavy right side when it just sit in the water is it like this will all the superjet because of the exhaust and battery being on the right side?

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
engine paint out of a spray can, although it doesnt really get hot enough to need any special paint in my experience.

Ill paint my next one gloss black with rustoleum appliance epoxy paint probably.

here is one of mine.

I couldnt get it dialed in, and yanked it and am now running an UGLY backup 650 motor.

i like that cherry red its very appealing! Im started to think white hull is to much, what about ofwhite? yellowish like the stock hulls?

what kind of paint are you using on these things??

engine enamel ofcourse

"yellow is the new black"

I like it, your cylinders is the only yellow right? the bottom is dark gray.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
the white didnt last long, the first time my hull filled with gas for a couple of days it pelled up ( I didnt prep it at all)

Id go black, or grey inside next time.

the red is duplicolor metallic maroon color, truck and van paint from wally mart.

i like that cherry red its very appealing! Im started to think white hull is to much, what about ofwhite? yellowish like the stock hulls?

the white didnt last long, the first time my hull filled with gas for a couple of days it pelled up ( I didnt prep it at all)

Id go black, or grey inside next time.

the red is duplicolor metallic maroon color, truck and van paint from wally mart.

dypli doesnt make that color for engines? i might have to run to a store and see what other colors dupli makes, i only use them because of their awesome nossles :biggthumpup:

it seems like it would lower the center of gravity a little as well, being the battery is a bit lower, and did you just strap it and thats it?

no, Loki customs (in the UK) do a whole kit, the tank and battery box sit on a big bracket so its superstrong and wont come out, you use the existing battery straps and a tank strap to keep them secure in place.

Top Bottom