Lets see those trailers you haul your jet ski with.

A guy on craigslist gave me this trailer. It started out as a tilting flat bottom boat trailer. I cut off all the rollers, relocated the bunk brackets, added angle iron to the outside frame for outer bunks, welded up the tilt tongue, welded metal up front for bow stops, new paint tires wiring lights axle and tires. Trailer is extremely light and a perfect size for 2 standups. Its about 4' wide by 15' long. Im going to mount a box in front of the skis this spring.

Attachments

• 100_0782.jpg
    100_0782.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_0783.jpg
    100_0783.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 106
Our Rig From Daytona... Still a work in progress

DSCF2314.jpg

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
No trailer anymore... I built a rack for my hitch.. I can tow a friends single or a double behind it though.. I thought I had a pic but it was my old rack.. sorry:(

Last edited:
Few pics of the trailer Rags and I rigged up a couple years ago. Doesn't get much use anymore. Hopefully this summer we'll load it up and go somewhere.

Attachments

• Trailer1.jpg
    Trailer1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Trailer2.jpg
    Trailer2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 73
  • Trailer3.jpg
    Trailer3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 96
How much do you trust those ratchet straps?

Lol, I've been trying to figure out for the better part of today what to do for holding skis down instead of paying $90 for a set of bow stops and pins.

I didn't trust them at all to start... I have all of $28 invested in them cheap arze straps from lowes... A couple are already bent to :):):):) and back... But I towed that rig all the way from Ohio to Daytona and back and none of the skis even moved an inch...

I am anal about the straps I carefully secure them and I check every strap every time I stop...

I have a new design for next year...

Layne

Addicted.
and what's wrong witch ratchet straps ?

A bow eye is far weaker and more prone to let lose in a wreck.

Lol nothing at all, always carry the skis in the back of the truck ratchet straps.Can be used for anything from towing to holding stuff down. My concern is just how the straps were mounted put all the stress on the connections between the deck and the bunks.

Top Bottom