Freestyle lighter nose? tubbies? rideplate?

Hi guys

first let me introduce myself. I'm pretty new to this forum. (been reading a lot though)
I am Tom from belgium and I am addicted to my superjet for 2 years now :)
For the moment I do a lot of hood tricks, but I'm training more and more on jumping and so on..

This winter I upgraded my superjet and I love the increased power, but now I'm looking to find a way to make the nose lighter.
I found these kart tanks (8.5l), but I was wondering If i gain a lot with it? or is it kind of the same if you just fill the tank only half?

When I bought my superjet it came with R&D tubbies. I've read that these are not really necesarry for freestyle, but is it a disadvantage? should I remove them or can I save myself the trouble? (I suppose I'll have to fix some holes in my hull of I remove them)
would I also lose some weight by removing them? (have no idea how heavy these things are)

It also came with a Jet dynamics plate ( http://www.elprofessor.fr/1626-3507-thickbox_default/jet-dynamics-ride-plate-long.jpg ) would I feel a lot of difference if I change it for a more freestyle oriented plate? (suggestions?)

thanks!
Tom

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I'd go with a D-Cut stock plate as well. I just cut mine last week. Took two minutes with a jigsaw to cut the D out and a minute with a dremel and sanding disc to deburr the edges.

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
Hello Tom from belgium I'm Tom from arizona. I don't see the need for a new tank, filling the stock one less does the same thing. Since you already have the aftermarket plate, I'd try cutting it down before getting something else unless you have someone who will trade you plates.

Top Bottom