lightest/smallest ski?

I was trying to find a small ski for a project. I really want something that is light and physically small. I would need to be able to put at least a 650cc engine in the boat (to move my fat arse). What does anyone suggest? I have an Idea or two, but would like to hear some suggestions.

Thanks,
Brad

I was trying to find a small ski for a project. I really want something that is light and physically small. I would need to be able to put at least a 650cc engine in the boat (to move my fat arse). What does anyone suggest? I have an Idea or two, but would like to hear some suggestions.

Thanks,
Brad

Hey man dont you have enough projects as it is?:biggrin:

Lets get to work on that SJ. By the way do you have a torque wrench? I'm putting that head on my ski this weekend and I'm going to need one. Thanks:biggthumpup:

Snackem

Danger Zone

Lets get to work on that SJ. By the way do you have a torque wrench? I'm putting that head on my ski this weekend and I'm going to need one. Thanks:biggthumpup:

There's no such thing as 'enough' projects. . .

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
It makes sense that guys who like to tinker and work on stuff would put a seadoo motor in a kawi. What better way to make you kwak unreliable and give you more 'personal' time wrenching on your ski than have a seapoo! Thats not a project its a headache.

YEP... gotta have a torque wrench... just don't let me forget it!

YEP... gotta have a torque wrench... just don't let me forget it!

Forget it??? We're working in your garage. Haha.:haha: College apartments don't exactly come with garage's:banghead: .

No really only if thats cool with you. I'll be wrenching on my ski the whole weekend so let me know when you want to work on the ski's and I can come over. I'll bring the jugs and oil with me then.:biggthumpup:

yamahammer

are you men the police?
FX1, small and leight and engine possibilties are endless, how about a lamey stroker in a fx1, it would be sick!!

We are building an fx1 with 980cc 66e engine and twin pipes right now for fx69boy. There will be a build up thread to see if he can hold on to it when its done.:woot: more on topic small, light, bigger engine. fx1 is your boat.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I thought that the motor mounts in a 300 were the same as 650 if so 750 will bolt up

Actually a js300 has the smae mounts as a 550, so the bedplate conversion would work for a 750 or 800sxr motor.

The 300sx has the mounts closer together on each side, so you would have to do a little work to add the front motor mounts farther fwd to match up to a 550 bedplate, THEN use a 550 bedplate conversion.
Sounds easy, right??
Kurt

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Is there a difference between the 300sx hulls and the 440/550 hull? if they are the same hull I would think it would be easier to take a 550 and do a 750 big bore swap or a 650 big bore swap.

i wouldnt use a 300/440/550 hull if i were your unless you plan on adding hull extensions to it. i have a buddy who put a pumped up 650 in a 440 hull. the thing has a ton of power but wont go anywhere it just keeps hopping out of the water. its kinda funny to watch actually.
i'd say go with an fx-1.

Top Bottom