Other lightning messed me up bad!

I sas at the lake on july 3rd and we had some isolated storms roll in. My friend house is a couple miles from mine near the opposite end of the lake almost and there was a storm up by our house. He got zapped while he was swimming despite the area we were in being clear. Apparently it can travel a good little ways

SuziQ

Banned
:spank: what are you doing up so late?
I wish I hadn’t been, 3.5 hours of sleep, I’m probably processing with the mental capacity of a male right now :eek:uch:(those great vids you posted within off topics eased the pain though:smile:)!

You should submit your story here (but let me edit your typos prior, lol). If you click on the individual names, there are some more interesting stories:

http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/survivors.htm

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I had the same thing occur on a small lake when a lighting strike hit and the jet-ski momentarily lost power for a couple seconds. I felt a little electrical shock go through the handlebars into my hands and into my feet from standing in the wet tray. I had been riding with the thunder for quite a while and didn't see any lighting bolts around in the air until the one struck the center of the lake which was a real shocker just from the noise alone and it made me almost fall off the jet-ski. It scared the crap out of me and had me running for cover back to my vehicle within seconds.
:shocked:

How did you guys not know to NOT ride in the water when a storm comes? Especially when your connected to the water!

Last edited:

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
WOW!! Between your avatar and this story, let’s just say I’m a little concerned.
im just your average guy lol

I had the same thing occur on a small lake when a lighting strike hit and the jet-ski momentarily lost power for a couple seconds. I felt a little electrical shock go through the handlebars into my hands and into my feet from standing in the wet tray. I had been riding with the thunder for quite a while and didn't see any lighting bolts around in the air until the one struck the center of the lake which was a real shocker just from the noise alone and it made me almost fall off the jet-ski. It scared the crap out of me and had me running for cover back to my vehicle within seconds.
:shocked:

i wanted to say, glad im not the only one but i dont wish this on anyone. it sucked bad, a storm came over the lake yesterday and i was the first one out the water lol

SuziQ

Banned
lol, I am very glad you realize it was the dumbest thing you ever heard Long Island (it was meant to be of course). If you had been on the site long enough, you would know I have quite a bit of experience with chasing a few storms, safely (to say the least).

I am still thinking you may have momentarily lost some time per your description on the phone Tzane, being that you do not recall how you ended up in the water.

Top Bottom