Freestyle LIGHTWEIGHT battery....? what are you running...?

Just looked at my battery a few days ago and found it had gp1300 written on the side with sharpie.... Looks like the dealer just tossed in whatever they had laying around when I bought this ski new about a year ago. It is very heavy.... Just wondering if you guys have found a good lightweight one with some cranking power that wont die on me....? Any suggestions? Thanks

chris.
:smokin:

Ok well think of it this way, and tell me if im wrong. Most modifications are done for power or weight reduction. Your average cost of a weight reduction runs you 100 $ per lb. If you get an aftermarket hood your going from 17bs(not sure but around that) to somewhere less then 12 and hoods range from 500 to 900. Typically a 7-9 lb hood will run you 900$. After market hulls- stock hull is around 130? and aftermarket range from 90 to 60. Thats a weight diff of up to 60 lbs which would be around 100 dollars a lb. Im not accurate on my wieghts but this works out for almost any aftermarket part you by for weigt reduction. If you are running a 7-10lb battery and you get this 1.6 lb battery you loose 5.4-8.4 lbs 260 divided by 8.4 is 30.9 dollars per lb lost. So in my eyes its not a bad deal. Anyone dissagree? This is implied more towards flatwater!

WOW! This is some really good feedback here guys, I was not expecting this many great replys especially in the middle of the day! Dont you guys have a JOB...!

ok well think of it this way, and tell me if im wrong. Most modifications are done for power or weight reduction. Your average cost of a weight reduction runs you 100 $ per lb. If you get an aftermarket hood your going from 17bs(not sure but around that) to somewhere less then 12 and hoods range from 500 to 900. Typically a 7-9 lb hood will run you 900$. After market hulls- stock hull is around 130? And aftermarket range from 90 to 60. Thats a weight diff of up to 60 lbs which would be around 100 dollars a lb. Im not accurate on my wieghts but this works out for almost any aftermarket part you by for weigt reduction. If you are running a 7-10lb battery and you get this 1.6 lb battery you loose 5.4-8.4 lbs 260 divided by 8.4 is 30.9 dollars per lb lost. So in my eyes its not a bad deal. Anyone dissagree? This is implied more towards flatwater!

100% agree...!

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Dont you guys have a JOB...!

We all live the mantra:

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine"
images

Last edited:
Top Bottom