Lightweight.de MartinSchaub.de MarcSickerling.com

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
njfl said:
Yeah, I see your point, but if they want to play in the consumer market (non-pro, sponsored riders), then they should consider the large potential volumes in the US and take that into consideration. Otherwise, someone will just copy the design and sell them dirt cheap here in the US eventually anyway. The pictures are available. The concept is understood. We have a lot of talented people with patience on our site here.

It's really great to see engineering like this going into our sport instead of the typical "more power" attitude (which is also a good thing).

Two things: IP and Bush. If they've patented the design in the US then it can't be (legally) copied. If not then have at it. The other part is, if you guys would vote for a President that knew something abut the economy rather than one who wants to stomp around the world playing saviour, then you might have a stronger dollar and be able to afford European products! :Banane01: :Banane01:

if they are not really looking for a market,they probally arent stressed to patent it,someone will make a knock off in the states,make alot of $ and we all will have them,lol

yeah, but they cant be proud of it. It s lame copying something. But that s life....

For all you suckers who wanna copy this stuff..... your engineering stinks and thats why you have to copy. you poor little bast*rd :smile:

money is not everything in life and I think the europeans know that better then people here in the usa. Girls wont even look at you if you re not riding a big lifted Dodge Ram or something like that :biggrin:
I might be wrong though..... but yeah it s a material world

I probably would never get a girlfried here with my car I have in Germany :biggrin:

Y

yamaslut

SJBrit said:
Two things: IP and Bush. If they've patented the design in the US then it can't be (legally) copied. If not then have at it. The other part is, if you guys would vote for a President that knew something abut the economy rather than one who wants to stomp around the world playing saviour, then you might have a stronger dollar and be able to afford European products! :Banane01: :Banane01:

I like you more every day..... :haha: :haha: :haha:

Metal4130

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Groove
Has anyone ever noticed that everything they do in Europe is more innovative and of a MUCH higher quality? They know that when they do something they will do it right the first time. Most europeans don't ever use cheap parts and they do everything so clean. Just like the crazy 1200 blaster and that one with the Sea Doo engine in it. You will never see that in America. Just my opinion.

Metal4130 said:
Has anyone ever noticed that everything they do in Europe is more innovative and of a MUCH higher quality? They know that when they do something they will do it right the first time. Most europeans don't ever use cheap parts and they do everything so clean. Just like the crazy 1200 blaster and that one with the Sea Doo engine in it. You will never see that in America. Just my opinion.

Well you know what they say...oppinions are like assholes everybody 's got one.

Not everything "they" do over there is more innovative or much higher quality. I will say that everyting Norbert and lightweight is the very best as far as quality fit and finish go in the jetski industry, and there is no question about that. But there are some great innovative companies here turing out incredible quality work and products in our industry. Paul at Jr. Magoos is just on example, blowsion is another example. And many of Blowsion's parts were completly ripped off and coppied by Buffachi and he is one of "them" over there.

Very nice sweeping generalization though. :biggthumpup:

Last edited:
JensNonsens said:
yeah, but they cant be proud of it. It s lame copying something. But that s life....

For all you suckers who wanna copy this stuff..... your engineering stinks and thats why you have to copy. you poor little bast*rd :smile:

money is not everything in life and I think the europeans know that better then people here in the usa. Girls wont even look at you if you re not riding a big lifted Dodge Ram or something like that :biggrin:
I might be wrong though..... but yeah it s a material world

I probably would never get a girlfried here with my car I have in Germany :biggrin:

our engineering stinks, but they stole the tubbie design from blowsion?

unclehulka13 said:
our engineering stinks, but they stole the tubbie design from blowsion?

:bs2:

I never saw a positive post from you.... your attitude is destructive and I dont argue with that sort of people. Maybe thats the reason nobody likes you. It seems you noticed that yourself which is the first step to betterment.

But for all others..... it might look similar but it just isnt the same. Quality is higher, it s removable and adjustable in it s weight. There are now 3 riders on this whole planet who ride that setup and it probably wont be a lot more. It just is a good idea. We dont want to upset anybody or start conflicts, just help to support our sport.

lol. Way to dodge the post though. Its a complete copy of blowsion tubbies. Instead of a dozen screw holes, there are 3. not that difficult to do. Why have them in carbon? I had some, sold them. Didnt like em. Fiberglass is just as strong. I dont think i've seen anyone ever break a tubbie.

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
What I don't get is why would you want to take them off? I can see screwing them on for the clean look, it would look pretty crappy to screw/glue a standard set of tubbies to that hull.

AIRICCC

tubbies is/are the answer
unclehulka13 said:
lol. Way to dodge the post though. Its a complete copy of blowsion tubbies. Instead of a dozen screw holes, there are 3. not that difficult to do. Why have them in carbon? I had some, sold them. Didnt like em. Fiberglass is just as strong. I dont think i've seen anyone ever break a tubbie.

I know a guy that shattered a set of carbon fiber tubbies...

AIRICCC

tubbies is/are the answer
as far as europeans being more innovative... you just dont hear about the non-innovative ones... granted the germans have some outstanding engineering abilities, I wouldnt put it past americans to build something better if the need were to arise... as americans we focus our innovation more on military and defense technology than anything... which is kept secret anyways...

Dear friends,

to get things right. Norbert and I have a great contact with Blowsion and we are working together great. Blowsion developed the first tubies and Norbert took this idear and reshaped them for our LIGHT WEIGHT ski. Also you can screw them on and off in two minutes and we have two diferent tanks in each tubie which we can float this water to change the balance of the ski for different surf conditions. So we can use the same hull for freestyle ( Roc got 4th in Pro last year at the WF) and for freeride.
The new rideplate is great, I rode it the last three weeks in the surf during the first three rounds of the IFWA tour and it is perfect for me.
Roc tried the plate also and had the same opinion for freestyle.
On this rideplate you can change the wing in different shapes to make it perfect for yourself and the conditions you a riding in.
It was a lot of testing, so if you think Norberts Carbon version is to expensiv, wait some weeks because Blowsion is going to make this plate in fiber.

So you see it is not about: Americans are better than Europeans or Europeans are better than Americans.

There are great people in every country and also bad people.

So let get the good ones together and lets have fun with our great different skis.

Also it is funny to hear Americans talking about Europeans. They mix Germans Italiens (Bufacci), France together, but we are all so different. Please realise that you can not not mixing Americans, Canadiens and and Mexicans together, because you are all on the same continent.

the SHARK

Y

yamaslut

Thank you for clearing that up, Marc... most poeple already knew (Norbert/ Light-Weight) would not steal the idea from Blowsion since you guys do have a working relationship....

Unklehulka is just a moron..... he probably doesn't even know who you are:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

shark said:
Dear friends,

to get things right. Norbert and I have a great contact with Blowsion and we are working together great. Blowsion developed the first tubies and Norbert took this idear and reshaped them for our LIGHT WEIGHT ski. Also you can screw them on and off in two minutes and we have two diferent tanks in each tubie which we can float this water to change the balance of the ski for different surf conditions. So we can use the same hull for freestyle ( Roc got 4th in Pro last year at the WF) and for freeride.
The new rideplate is great, I rode it the last three weeks in the surf during the first three rounds of the IFWA tour and it is perfect for me.
Roc tried the plate also and had the same opinion for freestyle.
On this rideplate you can change the wing in different shapes to make it perfect for yourself and the conditions you a riding in.
It was a lot of testing, so if you think Norberts Carbon version is to expensiv, wait some weeks because Blowsion is going to make this plate in fiber.

So you see it is not about: Americans are better than Europeans or Europeans are better than Americans.

There are great people in every country and also bad people.

So let get the good ones together and lets have fun with our great different skis.

Also it is funny to hear Americans talking about Europeans. They mix Germans Italiens (Bufacci), France together, but we are all so different. Please realise that you can not not mixing Americans, Canadiens and and Mexicans together, because you are all on the same continent.

the SHARK

parrdaddy

No he will not!
shark said:

the SHARK

Now that is funny............and sooooo true :smile: Don't be callin me a Mexican cuz I live so close :bigeyes:

It's always nice when 'the source' comes on here and clears the air, thanks Marc :biggthumpup:

Top Bottom