Limited pipe help, nee pics of mounts & brackets

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
Hey guys, I'm trying to get my limited b pipe into my blaster but I know I am missing parts of the mounts and brackets. Would anyone happen to have pics on their computer, or be willing to take a few pics of their ski for me?

I need a decently detailed pic of the mounting and bracket that connects to the head and a pic of the bracket that connects to the fuel mount from the pipe.

I greatly appreaciate any help.

Also, if you or know anyone who is selling the mounts or brackets, could you send me in their direction? I really don't want to have to resort to selling out over $60 plus shipping from the Factory Pipe website.

Here's a pic of what I got. Some sort of bolt combo that came with my b pipe, and a lord mount I ordered from McMaster, per one of the thread on this forum, that said it would work.

Attachments

• 2010-02-26 21.02.36.jpg
    2010-02-26 21.02.36.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 37

BombThreat

'Diggity
thats the lordmount that attaches to your fuel tank mount. It mounts to the left rear mount on the tank (as if you were sitting on the blaster). The round part of the aluminum stud goes through the tank into the stock mount and then the rubber lordmount screws into that aluminum stud. that hex bolt probably holds the pipe to the lordmount...

Ill take a pic today b/c im sure that was confusing if you havent ever done it before!

there is another lordmount that attaches on the exhaust side of the cylinder. my motor is out and all apart so i cant get a pic of that. Its just a small L bracket that screws into one of the open 10mm holes on the cylinder from the stock exahust and the rubber loadmount it screwed right ontop of it. You could make one real easy with some steel.

Last edited:

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
All limited chambers use the tank mount, but only some use the cylinder mount. You could consider it optional even if your chamber does have the bracket for it. I have attached pics of both and have them both currently off my ski if you need measurements or anything. There is a pdf instruction manual on the fp site that lists in great detail everything you'll need and how to put it together.

The lord mounts and fiber washers are available through mcmaster (see the mcmaster thread). You should be able to get the hardware (stainless) from your local hardware store or mcmaster as well. It is best to get the 90` bracket for the cylinder mount from factory pipe as they only charge like $12 for it and it would cost more to have it fabed unless you have an 'in' or can do it yourself (I have a tracing if you do). You have the important part of the tank mount. You just need a threaded stainless rod with the same threads as the tank bolt for the bottom. You have an allen bolt there now, cutting the head off it may work. A double sided lord mount and washer goes into the top.

Attachments

• 07_16_2009 (2842).jpg
    07_16_2009 (2842).jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 07_24_2009 (2870).jpg
    07_24_2009 (2870).jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 39

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
awesome, thank you so much BombThreat and Dustin. So I guess I need to order another lord mount and fiber washer from mcmaster.

and I'm glad to hear FP only charges $12 for the L bracket....I was afraid it was gonna be like $40 for it.

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
The lord mount you have looks like it's 1" tall. If so, that the one for the cylinder mount. It's normally two sided, but just run a bolt instead of a nut on that side.

The tank lord mount is 1 1/2" tall and double sided. I didn't realize it, but you can't get that exact mount from mcmaster. The closest one they offer is 9376K66. It's 1/8" higher and 7/16" bigger around. I'm pretty sure that would still work but not positive. Unfortunately it's not stainless, but neither are the ones fp supplies. If you do get that one, and it works out, let me know and I'll add it to the mcmaster list.

Last edited:

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
I was gonna call FP tomorrow and see if I can get some pricings on the mounts and brackets.

Thanks again Dustin

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
I just got off the phone with FP and the rubber mount for the fuel tank runs for $42...ouch. I ordered it anyways since I needed a few other parts from them, but that mount costed for about 2/3 the grand total.....I probably should have bought the one from mcmaster you listed, Dustin, since it's only $4, but oh well. I should have my parts from them in a week, giving me plenty of time to setup the rest of the pipe in my ski as well as a few other things...

Another question, I need to add another pisser to my ski. Where would any of you recommend to buy an extra one or 2, so I can have both pissers match?

Should I mount the 2nd pisser next to the other one and have two on one side or one on each side? Just looking for any advice. Two on one side would make it easier to see both pissers are working but other than that, just cosmetics...right? It won't make one side more structurally weak will it?

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
...and just for reassurance, my mechanic drew up the cooling line routes for my setup. I just wanted to confirm this.

Attachments

• bpipecooling.jpg
    bpipecooling.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 55

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Another question, I need to add another pisser to my ski. Where would any of you recommend to buy an extra one or 2, so I can have both pissers match?

Should I mount the 2nd pisser next to the other one and have two on one side or one on each side? Just looking for any advice. Two on one side would make it easier to see both pissers are working but other than that, just cosmetics...right? It won't make one side more structurally weak will it?

Pretty much every place sells pissers (aka bypass fittings). Atlantic Jetsports or Riva are always a good bet for stuff like this. There is also a guy that just started selling stainless ones (others are alum). I think there is a thread about them in the new product forum.

Location really doesn't matter as long as you can keep an eye on it. I would either go symmetrical on the other side from the existing one or right next to it. The hole will weaken your hull but I wouldn't worry about it unless you plan to get inverted. In that case you should be reinforcing anyway. Do a search if you want to get some ideas.

...and just for reassurance, my mechanic drew up the cooling line routes for my setup. I just wanted to confirm this.

There are a lot of different ways to get this done but I would not recommend routing it as drawn. First off you need to decide on single cooling or dual. What you have drawn is a little of both which is not a good thing. For single cooling there is really only one way to do it. For dual you can run both lines in parallel or separate circuits for the engine and pipe. Regardless of the choice, most recommend a flow control valve on the line leading to the stinger. Do separate searches for 'b-pipe cooling' and 'flow control valve' and you should be able to find everything you need as this has been beaten to death around here...

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
For 'true dual cooling' will i have to add another brass barb outlet to the exhaust manifold? Since mine only has one?

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Depends. One way to run it uses one line for the engine and one line for the pipe so you'd only need one fitting on the ex manifold. Most run dual the other way which is both into the ex manifold which requires adding another fitting.

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
After reading up on the situation, I think I am gonna stick with single cooling. Everyone said it is enough to keep the engine cool, unless I am racing, and I don't plan on doing that, just surf.

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
I also need the silicone elbow for the stinger to waterbox.
Where would be the best place to buy it? eBay? I saw Big Kahuna, i think it was, who posted he get's his from here Verocious Motorsports...

What do you guys think?

is a cult

one with crutches
Dustin Mustangs: what bolts do i need to hold the bracket to the motor in this pic?
attachment.php

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
im pretty sure you only need a 10 x 20mm bolt and 10mm lock washer...just bolt it to your cylinder abover where you mount the exhaust manifold.

is a cult

one with crutches
im pretty sure you only need a 10 x 20mm bolt and 10mm lock washer...just bolt it to your cylinder abover where you mount the exhaust manifold.

thanks! the way the guy before me had it was janky so i ordered the correct parts but didnt know what bolts, headed to the hardware store tomorrow to get my ish up and running again with the snow gone and new mods

SASQUATCH113

Gimme Time....
Same here. I had a Coffman pipe but all the bolts were rusted and ended up snapping most. I bought a b pipe off someone and instead of rigging all the stuff, I just ordered the parts from factory plus some other stuff from other sites....I'm hoping to put the coffman up for sale tonight or tomorrow.

is a cult

one with crutches
FYI its a 10mm x 1.25 x 25mm after a trip to the hardware store i realized i didnt have the thread pitch so i sorted through FP's website and came up with the part number too COMFAS0045

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Yeah, the manuals posted on the fp site are really handy for piecing one of these kits together. If you have a question be sure to look there first.

Top Bottom