Custom/Hybrid Limited Setup in A/M hull (701/760)

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
Im looking to get an A/M hull next year and was wondering what will respond best with a limited setup.
-701 or 760 (if i can find a wave raider for cheap
- stock sj pump
I dont have the money to get a BB motor (as much as I'd like to). This ski will be used 99.9% flatwater and boat wake jumping. The local lake can get choppy at times also.

I have read a ton of material and tried to search and see what others are using with a limited setup. its overwhelming and there is alot of BS to read through in all the build threads.

heres what has caught my attention and the cons ive found

BOB gen 3 - gelcoat cracking (apparently resolved)
WDK ROK(R) -The supplier
Superfreak - expensive (glass version available)
Backie Chan - none except that steve looks to be a busy guy

Can anyone chime in with useful information to help steer me in the right direction.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jetmaniac 781 in a freak (carbon hull)
responds really nicely and I have no complaints about either

xscream 771 in a footrocket (glass hull)
responded very well but not quite as well as my freak

stock 701 with pipe in a rickter xfr (glass hull)
a little sluggish off the bottom but all in all it was still a nice ride

mattyboy89

The countdown is on
after more research i feel like to get a ski that can flatwater flip and roll (once the skill is learned) is going to cost around $15000 if i build it myself and require more than a 701. Ive seen the new glass freak and that may be the best option since carbon is alot of $$$

To be honest with you, you will be happy with any a/m hull and a limited motor. Don't matter if ur coming from a 550, or a superjet. A limited motor does not feel the same in a a/m hull vs. oem.

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
Generic XH20 Comment #487:

It'll serve you best to find riders in your area that have AM hulls you can ride rather then asking questions here. Everyone is different and such are their opinions. You will be the rider and owner of the ski.

I bet if you start looking around your area you will find several am hulls. GLWP!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
PM owen18. He's near Kelowna though I think he just traded his BOB RTR for a Skyline.

Top Bottom