Lives Well Lived: Tribute to Libby and Zach (TakeastandSJ)

I met Zach, Ross, and Mike at 2007 Peniche IFWA round, these 3 US rider coming out from nowhere !! 3 ********ing good riders!!! Zach didn’t come of the European events this year but we remember his good mood, we will not forget Zach and he will be missed in the freeride …
Sorry for him his family and all his friends for this terrible tragedy!
I just want to precise that Zach was a famous rider and very popular in France! We keep his spirit with us.

Max
EAST COAST FREERIDERS

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Mark, I read you post last night, I just could not come up with words, all I can say is thank you...... That really gave me more insight to the person he was.

Harrison.

swanny

not safe for clowns
Mark-

Thank you so much. I don't have words to put down that can say what i feel. I hope thanks is enough, but I know its not.

That letter was needed and enjoyed immensely.

In Memory of Zach and Libby Waddle, please read
Last weekend turned out to be devastating loss for the watercraft community as we lost one of our most popular sponsored Pro freeriders (Zach Waddle and his girlfriend Libby Davis) when they were struck and killed by an unrelated out of control driver while out walking on Friday evening:
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1218513305163110.xml&coll=7&thispage=1

They left behind a 11 month old son Mason Joe Waddle.
For more information on Zach and Libby and how you can help out little Mason Joe Waddles future please visit www.MasonsFuture.org
100% of any contribution goes to the little guy.

Oregonian Newspaper Obituary- printed in today’s paper
http://obits.oregonlive.com/Oregon/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=115537619

Oregonian Newspaper Online Guestbook
http://obits.oregonlive.com/Oregon/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=115537619

Thank you for any help, thoughts and prayers you can offer.

John

BLOWSION

e-mail: info@Blowsion.com
P: 503.625.3616
F: 503.625.1501

PO Box 104- 14420 SW Tualatin-Sherwood Road
Sherwood, Oregon 97140 USA

I thougt I would post a pic I just found on Zach's myspace.
Libby posted this on Zach's myspace page on 4/28/2008.

IMG_0770.jpg

Thanks for IDing that Rossy...I kinda wondered as it was hard to see the face, and the wetsuit didn't match from my memory, but that was a very busy weekend with CarolAnne and I running all over tarnation coordinating the vent. You couldn't miss that gorgoue Blowsion paint on his ski though, so I knew I had at least that right.

And Dok, thank you so much for "babbling"....that was by far, the most cathartic and touching post I've read - and there have been MANY. Thank you so much for sharing your stories. It made it worth getting caught bawling my head off here in my office.

Farewell for now Zach and Libby. We'll meet you in a better place later.

LP

Last edited:

John Dady

BLOWSION
Cheers to one of the most humble and talented jet ski riders (as well as proud papa) I have ever met. Thank you Mark and others for sharing such kind and thoughtful words to remember Zach by. I am at a loss as is everyone I know and it sure was incredible to read these posts.

Sincerely,
John

World class Athlete?! World class Human being!

Just what does it mean to be World class?
Some one that competes in a field of international participants and or Peers?
As an athlete or a chef that may be true.

But what is a World class Person?
Let me define that for you. Zachery Arthur Waddle

In the last week I have received calls from dozens around the globe.
From Riders, Staff, Promoters, Announcers, Spectators, and Safety teams. Some of these people knew Zach for as little as a day, others for several years. Yet all have been touched by knowing him enough to reach out to convey their sympathy. In fact, had the service been held on Saturday, you'd have seen many of these friends from abroad mingled amongst the many, many local friends and family of both Libby and Zack. Their hearts were there if they were not!

For a guy from a small town in the Northwest that cut his teeth hunting , fishing, and riding motocross in the woods, he had and still has many friends from every corner of the globe. It's really amazing.

Does that make him World class? Maybe, but for me its the fact that, whether from Medford or Marrakesh, Alaska or the Amazon, he treated all he met as if they were a neighbor. Even if some didn't speak the same language it was easy for them to see that in him.

I now understand why it was so hard to get together. So many people wanted a part of their time.

I wish it had been a wedding we all were attending but one beautiful thing I took from the day was the clear recognition of how Mason is such a precious Gift to both families. Seeing him for the first time, I couldn't help but feel great. He is a little part of both of them! He is the light in this Darkness. I felt so proud of my friend!

It will be good fun watching and hearing about him growing to be everything his Mom and Dad were and more!

World class Jet skier? Yes but he was so much more, A world class family man and a world class friend!

Xan Sampaio and Zach on the way out of Indo.

Team BaliBreak.

Attachments

• Team BaliBreak.jpg
    Team BaliBreak.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 102
  • from Zach 001.jpg
    from Zach 001.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Zach.

I'll always remember this little bit from the 2007 Long Beach Freeride:

The weather on Saturday was terrible. Rain, high winds, cold.
Zach was out there tuning his boat. He came with Randy (Watcon) and Mark "DokWok" Matsuda.
When he was done riding, Randy drove over there with his truck, right into the wet sand.
I helped Zach load up his shiny nice ski on the trailer, and he gave Randy the go ahead.
Randy started gassing it, only to sink the back end of the truck into the sand.
A couple of sneaker waves actually washed way past the truck.
Somebody started to run for another truck to pull him out.
Randy didn't look too concerned.
Zach to Randy: "Hey, you got it in fourwheel drive?"
Randy: "........?"

He proceeded to shift into 4WD and drove right out.
We stood there laughing for a while over that one.

Matt,
Of course I wasn't worried.. It was Zach's truck... Haha!
I'm not one to post much, but I read the updates every day, and I appreciate all the letters and memories from everybody, as Zach and his family are "first class people".. I sponsor and assist many riders, and I considered Zach a close friend.. His passing has affected me, (as many others), and I think about Zach, Libby & little Mason every day.

Regards,
Randy

steve0we

Wife,Kids,Toys...repreat
After working with Mark Matsuda & artwork by Andy Sisvic, Ladies and Gentlemen I proudly present to you the new memorial sticker for the IFWA event in Brazil. Please take a moment next time your riding with your friends and let them know that you really appreciate them. Hopefully the guys riding with these stickers will show how much the appreciated Zach & Libby. God Speed!

ZACH.jpg

Big effort by SteveO

It took Steve and his crew some extra efforts to get these things produced and shipped for the IFWA Final.
It meant alot to many of the Riders!

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 44
That pic with his kid makes me wanna cry. Its ALL about the kid from now on. I hope he gets spoiled to death for the rest of his life. God bless you all for doing what you can do.

Top Bottom