Loading into a pickup by yourself??

Anyone do this? I know the obvious answer is to back way way deep into the lake and just push the ski into the bed, but I have a brand new Tundra and don't want to back that deep into the lake. Let's say I am brave enough to back it up so the tail gate is 10-14 inches above water level. I can load the ski with the help of a friend, but occasionally I want to go ride when no one else is available. Any cool loading tips/mechanisms?

Aaron

Ive never done it before from the bed...i probably dont much because it is very slippery at the laoding ramp
BUT i do have friends who just shoot the skis into the bed

put the ski and cart in the truck bed to transport. put the cart on the ground, pull the ski onto it, and walk it down the beach, ramp, embankment etc., unload into water.

reverse the order for the end of the day.

no real lifting required. just pulling on and off the truck bed onto a set of bunks on the cart.

BF_Tiger_Tote.jpg

Last edited:

sclevela

X-H2O
put the ski and cart in the truck bed to transport. put the cart on the ground, pull the ski onto it, and walk it down the beach, ramp, embankment etc., unload into water.

reverse the order for the end of the day.

no real lifting required. just pulling on and off the truck bed onto a set of bunks on the cart.

BF_Tiger_Tote.jpg

cart is same height as truck i assume?

a lifted truck will make it a little harder to get on and off, but one person can still do it. unless its raised to a ridiculous redneck height.

close(r) with a small truck (Taco or Frontier)... would be farther distance to match up with a full size of course and involve some nut bustin. A lot guys use this method though.

are longer tailgate cables available? if they were, itd help out a lot for higher beds because the gate can angle down on an angle when its open instead of being horizontal.:dunno:

sclevela

X-H2O
a lifted truck will make it a little harder to get on and off, but one person can still do it. unless its raised to a ridiculous redneck height.

nah i have a stock sprung f-350...... just would rather not buy a trailer...... thats if i ever actually get to georgia to pick my boat up

yeah, i have heard about your f350.

maybe you can use your rope to pull the ski up onto it.

:haha:

Top Bottom