Super Jet Loads up when tilted to right. (carb side)

I've got a 95 Sj that starts/runs absolutely
perfect other than if it's tilted over to the right (carbside)
It will load up so bad It'll take 5-10sec of
riding/blipping to get it cleaned out and brapping again.
By tilt I mean after a fall if it happens to be idling on its right side it'll do it.
If its level, or on its left side it's clean and ready to ride away
strong. It doesn't do anything weird in a turning while riding scenario.
I thought maybe it could be water in the hull getting inhaled by the f/a,
But my bilge pumps seem to keep the eng bay relatively
dry..

Last edited:

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Double check your cooling lines, you might have a leak, when you turn on your right side it sprays water in/on to the carb
#experience

motoman96

Banned
No cause the ski isn't running when he has the problem, and if you have a pin hole it should spray that direction regardless of what direction your turning. If the ski isn't running, not gonna have pressure in the cooling lines.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
Valid point... Well then if it's not that I don't have a clue... Must be fuel delivery? Fill your tank and run it on reserve...try that?

I coukd of sworn i think i read something about this in on of the mikuni pdf's i downloaded. I will have to check after work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

No cause the ski isn't running when he has the problem, and if you have a pin hole it should spray that direction regardless of what direction your turning. If the ski isn't running, not gonna have pressure in the cooling lines.

Sry motoman it does this while idling.
I'm one of those guys that doesn't let go of the bars when I fall. So on the times when I've got ahold of the right grip, and the ski tips onto its right side it does the load up. Like even if I blipped the thr w/it on its right side it would sound like the choke was on. (no choke btw. primer)
If I have the left grip, ski tips onto left side it'll be idling clean, and rev clean too...
I may try to set it on its right side on land or on a stand or something.. see how it acts then.

Munki63- my cooling sys is leak free. I've run the ski w/o the hood against the dock to check :)
My always draws fuel from res tube. I did the fuel valve delete..

Last edited:
Is water back flowing in the exhaust and your burning a bit of water? What pipe and waterbox are you using?
This may be possible.. stock waterbox, buut I bought a used pro-tec pipe that the PO had drilled/tapped the mani for EGT about 3" down from the cylinder, and then put plugs back in the holes to resell the pipe. I found them to be leaking internally, and externally when I installed the mani, and pressurized the cooling sys..
I re sealed, and tightened the plugs to a point where I thought the leak was very minimal if any..
Only hole I may have in this theory however is that when the ski is on its side/running like crap the pump is out of the water, and therefor not pumping cooling water through the cooling sys/manifold...
I may jus buy a new mani anyway.. Tis kina annoying having a semi-rigged manifold setup that prob leaks water in the exh runners :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom