Longest Ride On a Standup

jap7t8

Spring Fever...
This is primarily just my curiosity, but maybe it will spark some conversation. What's the longest you have ridden your standup? I'm talking point A to point B distance. I know at Lake of the Ozarks in MO it's easy to measure by mile marker. Just seeing if anyone has ever tried a long trip. Did you stop for gas, food, make a day trip outta it? Just curious...

Lammy

winter sucks
longest I've gone on my stock sxr was from the 20mm to the 34 and back, it was around 10-11am on the day of the shootout so the channel was getting pretty rough. I ran out of gas on my way back 1 mile away from my cove, so about 27 miles (with some brapps in the middle)

gas tank was only filled like 4/5ths of the way

Its all about the surf!
Oceanside to Catalina Island on my Super Jet. Right around 60 miles one way. It took about 5 hrs because the chase boat’s top speed was about 12mph. Had to fill up three times. I actually wasn’t that tired, it was more boring than anything else I just wanted to say that I did it. BTW surf riders, there’s NO surf on the backside of Catalina Island :(

WRX Dave

Freestyle poser
I did a trip 15 miles each way on the SJ. Rode to Southport on the NC coast, got lunch, refueled, and went back to Holden Beach. Lots of jumping and messing around on the trip. Had a friend on a couch carry a few gallons fuel for me.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
On some worn out reed valve 550's we went about 12 miles to a point and turned around... One ski ran out of gas about 300 yards away from the boat ramp, which was the ski that still had the stock impeller. So went a total of 24 miles on one tank.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Oceanside to Catalina Island on my Super Jet. Right around 60 miles one way. It took about 5 hrs because the chase boat’s top speed was about 12mph. Had to fill up three times. I actually wasn’t that tired, it was more boring than anything else I just wanted to say that I did it. BTW surf riders, there’s NO surf on the backside of Catalina Island :(

I heard on that ride that one guy made it all the way back on a bone stock SJ on 1 tank???? Or maybe it was that he only filled up once??? Can't remember now. Atleast that is what Zac was telling me.

Its all about the surf!
I heard on that ride that one guy made it all the way back on a bone stock SJ on 1 tank???? Or maybe it was that he only filled up once??? Can't remember now. Atleast that is what Zac was telling me.

Well technically I only filled up 1 time. I should have said three tanks. I Left harbor with full tank, ran about 25 miles and filled up 1st time, rode another 25 and filled up a second time so that makes three tanks. Arrived at island with almost a full tank from the second fill up. I probably could have made the island before I filled up the second time but it was getting dark and I didn’t want to push it. You could make Catalina Island to Long beach on one tank (approx 26 miles) Oceanside is a lot further South so your traveling at a diagnol to get to the Island (Distance on a map approx 58 miles)

Have you ever been out to the Channel Islands? I've heard there's good surf out there

jap7t8

Spring Fever...
Well technically I only filled up 1 time. I should have said three tanks. I Left harbor with full tank, ran about 25 miles and filled up 1st time, rode another 25 and filled up a second time so that makes three tanks. Arrived at island with almost a full tank from the second fill up. I probably could have made the island before I filled up the second time but it was getting dark and I didn’t want to push it. You could make Catalina Island to Long beach on one tank (approx 26 miles) Oceanside is a lot further South so your traveling at a diagnol to get to the Island (Distance on a map approx 58 miles)

Have you ever been out to the Channel Islands? I've heard there's good surf out there

Either way that's friggin sweet! Surprised you weren't that tired though. 60 miles is a haul...

This is primarily just my curiosity, but maybe it will spark some conversation.

you wanna spark conversation go over to the technical threads and tell someone they are wrong. 121 post later 2 days you will have your conversation:smokin: There are several members that are good for 30-40 post over a couple hour span.

jap7t8

Spring Fever...
you wanna spark conversation go over to the technical threads and tell someone they are wrong. 121 post later 2 days you will have your conversation:smokin: There are several members that are good for 30-40 post over a couple hour span.

Now I know better than that. I'm still way too new to go stepping on people's toes. Then again, I could always play the "didn't know any better" card :dunno:

Its all about the surf!
too bad its a good way to get a $100,000 fine :grumble:

no pwc's within one mile of the islands..catalina isnt included in the channel islands national marine sanctuary

$100,000 fine? Ouch! Thats a little over kill eh? So I guess the answer to my question is NO! Didn't you tell me that you surfed out there Andrew? Is the ban just PWC's?

Last edited:
non stop longest ride was across lake Ontario from St.Catharines to toronto 32 miles one way 1/2 hr. to gas up and came back again 3-4 ft waves on the way back. Was a bad idea!!!!!!!

Longest one day ride was in Kentucky,can't remember the ride but it was mostly sitdowns with a few stand ups .There was 3 or 4 gas stops and around 90-100 miles

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter

yeah this is what dennis i think told me........i dont remember, either way youd just do it to do it, be boring as hell......

tom21

havin fun
from dunedin causeway to clearwater bridge and back. I will have to mapquest it to get a guess at distance. still lots of fuel left over. boring.

Top Bottom