Look what we made.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Mike, change your main jet to a 155. I would leave the pilot we had in there for now.

I'm not going to touch it for right now. I have to check with my schedule and see if I can meet up with you or Tom before Daytona. I have no parts and little know how. I don't mind playing with it but I'd like some adult super vision.

What is in it right now? 112.5 and a 150 I think? I know we started with a 150 main. I recall only the pilot getting changed.

I'm not going to touch it for right now. I have to check with my schedule and see if I can meet up with you or Tom before Daytona. I have no parts and little know how. I don't mind playing with it but I'd like some adult super vision.

What is in it right now? 112.5 and a 150 I think? I know we started with a 150 main. I recall only the pilot getting changed.

That's correct. Just let me know. I'm available most weekdays after 4 or 5 and all this weekend.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I think it would only be worth wild to make a part if you A) don't have access to a used part or B) just enjoy building things.

Used manifolds are out there if you have the time to find one. If you just like to build things, I would encourage you to try.

wayne

wannaroll
thanks,

i don't have a couple hundred dollars for a plate or a manifold. i figured what could it hurt to try and make something that i can use. i like to make stuff and anything billet is sweet. all you guys making parts just got me motivated to try something also.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
thanks,

i don't have a couple hundred dollars for a plate or a manifold. i figured what could it hurt to try and make something that i can use. i like to make stuff and anything billet is sweet. all you guys making parts just got me motivated to try something also.

you could make that part without the machining tools that vumad used. just get a straight and flat peice of aluminum, and use some gaskets as templates. just be real carefull with your cuts.

wayne

wannaroll
i have some hand tools i can use. i will be doing this in the evening instead of watching tv or falling asleep early. need some thing to do other than being a bump on a log in the evenings. if it works and i can change from a dual carb to single carb then the reward is that much better. if it don't then i will be looking at spending the money on a single set up. i have the time to work on it slow so it comes out how i want it. i figure i wll use my manifold to get the bottom part of the specs off then a 61x to get the centering specs for the single carb.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
Check in your area for a water jet it is really cheap and quick to have material cut, that’s about a 2 minute part to cut and 5 minutes to draw. There are a lot of cad monkeys on this site that would probably draw it for you.

Mark44

Last edited:

WaveDemon

Check in your area for a water jet it is really cheap and quick to have material cut, that’s about a 2 minute part to cut and 5 minutes to draw. There are a lot of cad monkeys on this site that would probably draw it for you.

Mark44

yep, that would be easy to draw. hmmm

WAB

salty nuts
That really cool!

Next, you need to make a plate to use an aftermarket kawa 750 single intake on a yamaha 62t case. The 650 ones have the tiny runners. The 750 ones are much larger. It may end the starving for fuel on top end problems that single carb 62t cased motors have.

WaveDemon

hook me up with a cad drawing wavedemon or any one.

please.

I saw your other post about the manifold dimentions. If I were you I'd buy a really cheap 650 mani and make an adapter plate like vumad did.

carving a manifold out of a chunk of aluminum sounds like WAY to much work!

I saw your other post about the manifold dimentions. If I were you I'd buy a really cheap 650 mani and make an adapter plate like vumad did.

carving a manifold out of a chunk of aluminum sounds like WAY to much work!

agreed a 2 piece casting would be a lot faster

WaveDemon

That really cool!

Next, you need to make a plate to use an aftermarket kawa 750 single intake on a yamaha 62t case. The 650 ones have the tiny runners. The 750 ones are much larger. It may end the starving for fuel on top end problems that single carb 62t cased motors have.

I've got the 650 mani on my 790cc yami motor with a 48mm power bomb. It runs pretty good. the small mani doesn't seem to be a problem. the 750 maybe better though.

Top Bottom