Freestyle Looking at helmets

Looking for some feed back on helmets. The fly default and giro freeride seem to be the ones I'm leaning towards. The fly is 50 bucks cheaper but looks bulkier. Any input appreciated thanks

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I'm on year 4 with my giro remedy purchased thru Blowsion. Pretty decent helmet overall and I have been very happy with it although I would like it to be lighter. The chinstrap mounts rusted out and failed about a month ago so I purchased a CF version but accidentally bought a large that did not fit. I ended up flipping the large and repairing my original helmet. I was going to look for a CF version in a medium but after weighing each helmet, I found that there is simply not enough of a weight savings to justify the extra cost of the CF version.

Two of my buddies picked up the Fly helmets over Christmas. They do look bulky but are much lighter than they look and right around the same weight as the Giro, when dry anyways. The only downside I saw was the foam padding taking on water and the general lack of venting.

The sixsixone is pretty light and compact but once again, very pricey and not enough venting for me.

I am currently 95% certain I will buy the giro again.

Last edited:

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
661 makes great helmets. I got mine for like 60 bucks. Lightweight, comfortable, and doesn't hold water.

Jp79

Building Brawlers
I grabbed my Giro CF on eBay brand new open box buy for $99, just saying shop around for awhile the deals are out there. SixSixone are pretty sweet too.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I grabbed my Giro CF on eBay brand new open box buy for $99, just saying shop around for awhile the deals are out there. SixSixone are pretty sweet too.

What size is it and is there any chance you got a weight on it? I compared a medium giro to a large CF and the large CF was 7 grams heavier than the medium.

Texan33

Yacht Wakes Hunter
Man why did you show me that. That red and black one is sweet but 300 bucks

That is the expensive version and 2013 model. Mine is cheaper last year model and looks sweet. This is the one I have, it's a Comp Shifted Helmet. There are more in different colors.

xarlsx.jpg

I just pick up a brand new giro remedy on ebay for 120 and I think I got a steal because the pics and color described a gloss black carbon fade which to my knowledge is a carbon fiber helmet.

Top Bottom